I want To Overcome this thing

I would like to hear some ways to reduce anxiety. Stragedies, herbal, whatever. I get fustrated and so scared and sad. I want to overcome this and get better. Any suggestions. I am determined todo what I got to.

slimjim119

The way I reduce anxiety is too exercise. Hiking or lifting weights. Not too sit home and dwell on my problems. More exposure to the outside world. Find a good therapist if need to talk to someone.Medications I have tried seem to make me sleepy and feel like a zombie. So I'm not taking anything now. Herbal remedies could help. Try to keep a positive attitude for a healthy state of mind.

NicoleSoles

After spending alot of time researching online I keep getting the same answer - cognitive behavioural therapy. It works as effective as drugs but with drugs your only delaying the anxiety and your prone to relapse. CBT 80% of people are cured for life. I think its the way forward for me anyways, only it £50 ++ per session and they say around 12 sessions.. so Ill have to wait till I finish uni! I had hypnotherapy last year which is fantastic (still not cured though!).
If you know why it is your anxious in certain situations neuro linguistic programming is supposed to be helpful and you can do that yourself. I think someone else has already mentioned this is another thread but by trying to increase you anxiety when your experiencing it has the opposite effect. I will try that next time!

Ive just finished a good book on SA called, 'overcoming social anxiety and shyness' by Gillian Butler which is great and focuses on CBT quite alot

Thank you so much for your helpful information. I do beleive that gettin out more is a big plus. I feel so much better today and I beleive that I can and will get over this. I take no meds and I dont want to. But therapy seems to be something to look into. Thanks

Focus on something else to take your mind away from it. Listen to music.. i've read that uses a different part of the brain so it's a proven distraction.

SilentType

Banned
Distraction is useless. You gotta just figure out what you want out of life and go for it. There is no overcoming social anxiety for a lot of people (like me). Fitsy you have to search through these options like cognitive behavioral therapy and medication and hypnotherapy and whatnot but if you're like me and find out that nothing works... It sucks basically.

I've come to the conclusion to just accept it and go with the flow with what I've got, because I feel uncurable after trying CBT and medication extensively without any good results I decided not to let the hypnotherapist fuck with my head. Maybe I'll try that one day though. Nothin seems to work for me, so I just self medicate after the mental health professionals publicly shoved their feet in their mouth when it was publicized that their first line of treatment to people like us, SSRIs, work no better than placebo.

Maybe I'm being too harsh here but after dealing with them for 3 years I guess I've built a bit of disgust toward mental health professionals... Not because of them but because they play craps with chemicals in your brain. Hmm "give this a try." Wish I've had a dollar every time I've heard that one... It may be just me, but I feel like they should be fuckin with the chemicals in our brains that affect mood if its proven to not work for most people...

I wish I could put a date on when money became more important than medicine. Should be a national holiday the way these people have created the largest drug market in the world toting their drug samples around to doctors to hand out to people, who are then prescribed to the drug. They basically rely on our communication with them for drug therapy, when quite honestly, we suck at communicating.

Haha--- it's that way with my doctor anyways, she pretty much let me lead the way trying out all the treatments but nothing seemed to help any further than masking it for a bit... That's all I've got to work with now, and I have to mention that I go with natural remedies, now, as opposed to pharmaceuticals, except klonopin which has me hooked at the moment. I have to pop one of those before I do any socializing

hahaha....I can't even see outside of the hole I'm in anymore, and there's no getting out for me, so I follow down this lonely road and let time pass by as I enjoy what our planet Earth has to offer....

Peace