I want to be an actress...my story

Ky

When I was younger I used to be in commercials/movies. I was a very outgoing little girl from the age of 2 up until I was 11 or so. After that I slowly became more awkward and ugly and I had no confidence at all. My skin was bad, I had braces, my hair was poofy and frizzy and I was a mess. Obviously I wasn't able to do commercials at that point. I think the fact that I stopped commercials, combined with my awkward tween years led to my SA/shyness. When I was younger I was constantly told how cute I was, what a good actress I was and how talented and friendly I was in general. After awhile I stopped getting all of those complements, and it sucked. I guess I never really learned to like myself for who I am, but for what other people liked about me. If that makes sense...

I'm now almost 18 and my awkward tween years are over. I now think I'm a beautiful person. It's weird to say something so vain, but I do believe I am. My SA has gotten much better since then, and so has my confidence. I still find it hard to do certain things, I tend to blush quite frequently when people comment on my looks. I've been really thinking about getting back into acting. I think it would help the way I communicate with people and it would boost my confidence even more so. I could express myself in a different way. I would be pulled out of my comfort zone a bit and with a bit of work, maybe it would erase my SA altogether. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try.

I've heard of so many people who take acting classes to help with their shyness, public speaking...etc. Is anyone in this forum taking acting/took acting a long time ago? Want to start acting? Tell me about it. :) Maybe we can help each other in our endeavors!?

cawny

I really wanted to get into acting or some kind of showbiz, but I am just too short and self-conscious about my acne and crooked teeth. That I don't smile as much anymore or smile very awkwardly in front of people. I'm 21 now and still feel the same way about myself. Every parent tells me I'm a cute boy that looks so young. and I just smile back at them and laugh. But when I'm around other people my age or in the outside world, I can't be my natural self and I make myself look ugly by being so quiet and awkward and not giving too much eye contact. I wish I could overcome it the way you did, maybe I'll feel different when my acne does go away and get my teeth perfect.

Walk

I'm thinking of taking theater in my school. No promises though haha

However, I do have to take speech, no choice.

Acting seems like fun. Not necessarily interested in it as a career choice, but it's definitely something that can be fun while you're at it.

Good luck if you try it out.

I always wanted to be an actor, but with SP and depression it's kinda hard haha. You should join a theater club or something if it's possible, and just act for the love of acting!

bleach

Banned
Acting classes are a great idea, I think you cannot help but improve in that environment. I've done a tiny bit of acting and it gave me a big self-esteem boost every time I did it.