I want myself back! NEW MEMBER

cichlid

I've had social phobia problems "symptoms" for about 10 years now.I'm turning 30 next month.It's been quite a journey,thats for damn sure! What a #@$%ing fight i've put up though.I'm out to take down the dragon! I've signed up with this chat line to hopefully get some support & a better understanding.I've tried the drugs,just ask,and I'll tell you the side effects.I've been & am still in counseling.I work retail,that in itself should say it all.I have a wonderful wife,the one and only one I don't have anxiety with,unless we argue.I've spent lunch brakes crying, late nights wide awake shaking,man have I been there.Afraid to be afraid of being afraid.So,anyone out there know where I'm coming from?lets talk!

Anonymous

Hello cichlid,
isn't it nice to know you're not alone?
it's a warm feeling to me to understand that. :)

cichlid

thanks for the warm welcome,I feel right at home.I little bit self conscious,but comfortable,I guess you could say.

Anonymous

Welcome :) And,,,,,i got a question for ya already. Hey, you and mentioned drug side effects and im wondering....If you told psyk about them? side effects that is, and do they just want you to try ANOTHER? dang. It makes me real sad that they do that. If ya got a problem with how drugs effect you, why do they want you to do it again with another. Anyway, sorry to ask questions of ya right away, but its something i just dont understand that they want to keep trying drug therapy with me and it dosnt work.....for ME. Lots get reliefe i know, but wondering your expereance if your willing to tell.

cichlid

No problem talking about things,more than happy to really.I don't mind the drugs, they help me quite well now.I think that counsling has helped me just as much & the two together has done quite a bit of good for me.I just wrote a long e-mail that dissapeared."that sucks"1 parent was manic depressive & the other was anxiety proned.It didnt help me.anyway

manall

hello,
its nice that you are open about how you feel. i can really relate to what you are going through. i have had social phobia since the age of thirteen and now im twenty five. you said that you don't have the symptoms around your wife does this mean she knows about your social phobia. i dont have severe social phobia symptoms around my husband but i haven't told him about my social phobia.

cichlid

My wife knows all about it,in fact everybody I know knows about it.My wife and I went to councling together for a while & it helped us a great deal.Learning that it really isn't your fault and that it's not something to be ashamed of is quite a step.How can i help?just ask

manall

even though my i have not told my husband he does suspect something. he has noticed how i avoid interacting with others and how i hate talking on the phone. i think if i told him it would be a great weight lifted off my shoulders. its great that you have told the people around you. were they all understanding?

cichlid

My damn post got erased again.i think it only lets you write so much.anyway I didn't have one bad reaction from anyone,not a one! As far as your significant other goes,he may not understand at first,but take it slow.if he really loves you like my wife does,talking to him about it will be very rewarding for the bolth of you.Understanding one another is a big key in relationships,it will probably take a weight off his shoulders too,you may be really surprised.

cichlid

thanks! If I have anything to say about it,the dragon will be long gone before I am!Keep up the good fight everyone!

mystery

Welcome to the forum. Its easy to blame yourself, I do so myself; but you should work on improving your anxiety. I know I am. Stay positive cichlid!

Anonymous

the best way to cure the sp is to acept all yourself.

for a social phobia sufer the best way to escape from the problem is to acept hemself. his , symtoms . his shyness. his ashames and weeknee. it is the key first step to cure his illness.

Anonymous

accept yourself

. I think that commonly sp suferers get into a corner by himself. the main cause he fall into the problem is he don’t accept his weakness. his shyness ,his shame and humiliation and so on. if they want to cure their sp, they should first to change the way they thought as usual. gave up the hope to cure theie sp and its symptoms and gave up their hope to change the bad situation of his life coursed by the sp. maybe every people who suffer from sp has the same experience that the more he want get out of the problem the deeper he will be enlaced. In reverse ,when he lost his hope to cure his sp after any defeated experince , the symptom will be lightened. so if the people set up his mind not to do any effort to change his situation or to cure his sp anymore his sp will recover automotivly. according my ideas that the symptoms present only in the situation that we dont accept them present .we always do everything we can to pressure ,to cover them, to control them appear . that is the reason why sp is become a incurable illness. take the symptoms of sp
as a nature behavior of human been. the god produce us and the god arrange our action too. Needn’t have any shy and shame feeling about our behavior and habit or customs. take them as nature matter as raining and snowing. Don’t admire others anymore . you are yourself , you have your special characters and is a uniquce one in the world . you cannot become others and others can’t become you neither. So let it easy and let it be are the best way and the only way to cure ap.