I wanna stop be scared and start helping myself

wagman81

I sometimes really get confused with myself sometimes

till I was 16 I was the most confident person in school and my presentation skills were great

but when I became 17 I suddenly started to be intimidated when I felt there were some girls talking back against me that I was too out going and too confident

I didn't want to make enemies and I wanted to show that I wasn't such a bad person and that's when I started to hide myself from presenations and speeches

I was afraid that if I presented myself, eventhough there were alot of people that supported me, I would also get critized and that made me shrink deep down

I feel so stupid about this, and I try to get things better by trying to express my self in public and through presentations but I just can't do it that well anymore, and worse off I feel totally scared to do so

I realized once I found this fear inside me it somehow grows more & more big inside me, and I dun know what to do

in the books it tells me to do more practicing in public speaking but once I do it, I fail so badly that it makes a worse impression than not doing so

I dun want to go to a shrink cuz I think all the talking wun really get me anywhere

and I think going on medication is not the sole solution and there would be too much side effects

I feel the only way that I can help myself get better is by trying to go into some meetings or association for social phobia, meet people like me and just practice with them talking and opening up

but I dun know if these meeting or associations are existing

and I just moved to Florida last 2 weeks

does anybody know any of these activities that would take place in Tampa, Florida?

my email is [email protected]

thanks