I thought i was doomed, but now i think i am just unique

O-Bear

Hi, O-bear here,
One thing i have learnt from this problem, is it has created me into an even more empathetic (is that how you spell it..lol) loving and genuine human being...
And the theory i have, is that we are all affected by this cos we are intelligent people, i guarantee anyone with SP symptoms are a ticking timebomb of knowledge and creativity ready to explode..
It is such a good feeling knowing i am not alone

phoenix1

Hi O-bear

I think thats great you feel that way :) I think what makes many of us feel so much pain and agony, can go the other way as well and fill us with utter joy, passion and creativity. You are right and we shouldnt think of ourselves as weaker or flawed just because we probably feel more than those around us.

Joey86

It's good to hear that you are seeing the positive sides to social phobia. I agree we are a smart bunch, seeing as we tend to be internally focused. We have an uncanny ability to step into other people's shoes, and feel what they feel. I think these qualities make us some of the best kind of people to know, whether as friends, aqaintences, g/f and b/f, etc.

coriander1992

Good for you seeing the posotive side of things :)
I totally agree with out about SA making you more empathetic to other people, I am sooo much more understanding of other people now.

maggie

O-Bear said:
Hi, O-bear here,
One thing i have learnt from this problem, is it has created me into an even more empathetic (is that how you spell it..lol) loving and genuine human being...
And the theory i have, is that we are all affected by this cos we are intelligent people, i guarantee anyone with SP symptoms are a ticking timebomb of knowledge and creativity ready to explode..
O-bear..i just love this! every word of it..specially the title..sweet post :)

Vancouver

O-Bear said:
Hi, O-bear here,

Come to think of it, I've never met somebody who's really stupid who actually has this 'disorder'. I think it's more along the lines of analysis than simply just knowledge, though. The more you try to analyze and figure it all out, the worse you make it.

Odd thing is, the creativity thing hits the nail on the head. Every single person I know who feels this way has some sort of creative input charging it. Usually it's the creative thoughts of their own demise that become their downfall, though. I'm trying to drop both aspects. They're just more baggage to me. It's not worth it. The only time I want to be analytically creative is when I'm shredding on the guitar.

millymoocow

yeah when u suffer from SP and low self-esteem u know how it feels 2 feel, and u accept everyone. but it's weird, sometimes i think i'm a saint... other times i feel likei'm the devil... LOL :lol:

rado31

Voila! Today i m somehow sp free again, and i love every aspect of madness that has came to me as a result.

I love you all people!

this is the fifth day in this month that i feel anxiety FREE !
only treatment that i used is to be satisfied with what i got and by that method to stay as much in a present time <-present=gift :D