I think i need help

veryshy

I dont know why im differant from the other people. Im 24 never had any kind of relationship, never had a girlfriend, never been kissed, never been on a date.
People tell me Im very quiet, but I just dont feel I have anything to say. Its hard for me to think of things to say.

Well anyway, theres this girl, she works at a place I go for lunch alot, I know she likes me. She couldnt really make it anymore obvious unless she asked me out herself, but girls dont do that... at least not to me. I go in there all the time and want to ask her out, but I just cant do it. I feel like an idiot for sitting there being quiet all this time, then me suddenly asking her out, she and everyone else who works there would know Im just a shy idiot.

Sometimes we chit chat small talk, and sometimes I cant even bring myself to say "hi" so I just go in there and pretty much ignore her, she probably thinks I dont like her or something.

Everytime I go there and shes there I leave feeling like a complete dumbass and go home crying and/or drink myself into oblivion. I cant bring myself to talk to any of my family or firends about this
SOmetimes I feel like drinking will help me open up to others and maybe even talk about my predicament, but it never happens, alcohol doesnt help.

I didnt want to be part of this forum, cause being here alone makes me feel stupid for letting some petty made up problem get me so down. Ive lurked here for a while and find myself getting scared and leaving this website when I read a post that is about something I know all to well.

What is wrong with me? :oops: :cry:

Scottish_Player

Hiya,sorry to hear about your situation but my situation is pretty much the same as yours, iam 23 and feel the way you do aswell. I dont realy have much advice to gove to you about the girl as iam not too clued up on that side of things but iam sure you will get lots of help and advice here and just to let you know, you are not alone in this and it can be overcome but it does take alot of hard work. :D

rj32093

There is nothing wrong wit you...I am 29 and very very shy...I know how you feel...It is so hard to make other people understand how hard it is being shy...I hope in this forum, we get the help we need. You seem like a very nice person.

Pearl

Hey Very Shy, social phobia is definitely not a 'petty made up problem', it's a legit mental health issue, though even some doctors don't take it seriously.

It's okay to be quiet, have nothing to say. I'm sick of feeling guilty for being quiet, we are who we are. Extroverts get all the attention though, so it's good to act a little extroverted sometimes if it's suitable.

Good luck with the girl, maybe find out if she has a bf. If you seriously like her l'd get to know her more and maybe ask her out for a coffee or do something she likes. I know that sounds hard, but you can only try.