I think I make people feel unimportant

TreeBones

I think you do make people feel unimportant. I think one day you'll find someone you feel that's worth your time. We don't really owe anyone anything but respect. As long as you're not disrespectful I don't see the big deal.
It's not that I don't think that they aren't worth my time..truth it, I don't know what my problem is

You should fight to keep friends, especially since they are approaching you. In the coming years or months you don't want to find yourself alone, because it sucks.

Write up a short list of possible topics and responses you can talk about with them.
Yes, I agree, on the positive todays conversation didn't go too bad but I'll still have to improve on things lol.

Pretty much in total agreement. How awkward can it get when someone asks you what you've been doing over a periodic time frame of about a decade or more when you've been basically living with your parents the whole time, and if things don't improve that may continue to be the case. Or I could tell them that I play as a Sorceress in D&D? Wonder if that would work?
:giggle:

i feel the same, hence I've avoided all contact with past friends. It's not my intention to make them feel unimportant but I'm just too ashamed to show them what I've become. I know a few of them will think I'm ignoring them in a malicious way, but I'm not. It pains me to know that they may take it the wrong way, but in my case i feel i have no other choice. ]
I understand completely,. I hope no one's taking it the wrong way. I love your quote by the way Infact I was just reading Edgar Allen Poe today. :ironicsmile: lol.

-- Ok I'm sorry that was so long. I always feel the need to reply to literally everyone lol. Today was a bit better I guess you could say. On the positive, I managed to have a conversation that lasted for more than 5 minutes with a girl I don't know but she always sits by me and talks to me about the weather. On the other hand, on break, all the other kids gathered around me like vultures and just started at me, I took my headphones out and gave a "what the **** are you looking at" kind of look. Then this one guy pointed to this other guy who says good morning to me way too much and shouted that he thinks I'm cute, while the other boy was right there! I didn't know what to say so what came out was "umm.. uh thanks" I went right back to my music and studying! It was so embarrassing and awkward!!! Even worse I'm afraid the other guy was embarrassed, After that class left, the girl told me that the boy was just afraid to talk to me because he's nervous. School is going to be so awkward especially with that dinner trip coming up. :kickingmyself: I don't know how to handle situations like this ...

Last edited:

scott

So you talked to a girl, and a gay guy hit on you, and people want to know you. Sounds good.

You seem to be in a better situation than most people here 8)

TreeBones

Lol he's not gay. (If you mean gay as in homosexual). I just feel bad maybe its because I smiled at him and that's why he wanted to try to approach me. idk. Sometimes I think I have apd. Anyway I don't know if they want to get to know me, sometimes I feel like their entertainment. I'll try to think positively though .... :)