I think I have OCD... not sure though.

aimeex3

Well, I think I have OCD. I really do. I'm in high school, and I have a really weird obsession with my grades as well as how neat my school work is.

Anything above a 95 is exceptible.
Anything below is terrible.

70's are the equivalent of a 40 to others for myself.
and I really don't know, does it sound like I have OCD? I mean... almost every waking moment of my day is spent thinking about how I could improve a grade, or what i need to do to raise a grade, blah, blah, blah.

it's so irritating and i really have no clue what to do. it's almost to the point where it is driving me insane.

and as for the i have to have neat work thing. Like when i'm writing notes and I dont like what it looks like, i'll start all over again, doesnt matter what page i'm on, etc, etc. i'll start over. on a homework assignment same thing. any kind of school assignment i will do this on.

it's all built up so much, and i really have no clue what to do. please help!

sidney

OMG i think im the same!
Im really obsessive about my grades if they're not better than the ones i got last year i feel really stupid and exert myself to make them better next time
even if mine is the highest in the class but isnt better than the last i beat myself up and feel like shit, i cant take the praise from teachers cus i dnt feel i deserve it, when i call out an answer and its wrong i get sooo embarassed and all these thoughts start in my head going "your so stupid you should know that everyone thinks your an idiot now!!"
i think cus ive no social skills i believe my grades have to be perfect cus thats the only thing i have :(

Musicocd

This sounds like Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder...which is a different thing to OCD. Google it. I'm probably completely wrong, but no harm in researching.

sidney

i just googled it and it sounds right but OMG bloody hell everything seems to be wrong with me!!!
and my family think im weird cus i look up symptoms before i tell them cus im afraid they wont believe me cus most of my problems are unusual ones they hate me self diagnosing but i cnt help it cus nobody knows all these feelings that go on in my head :( SP, erythrophobia, panic attacks as a result of the 1st two and now i could have this :x

aimeex3

that sounds exactly right. it almost sounds like a dictionary definition of me. thank you so much for the refferal. i'll definitely have my parents look into this for me.

and sidney i totally know how you feel. my parents do the exact same thing.