I think i can help

not_all_bad

Experiencing emotions like anger, love and anxiety are necessary for survival. Ignoring a tiger chasing you being an example. Our bodies are designed to release adrenaline, tense muscles quicken heartbeat and dilate the pupils as defence in threatening situations.

People are habit forming by nature, and this includes emotions, which if feed over time can grow. When experiencing anxiety try not to oppose it or consider it as negative. Anxiety is unpleasant, though it’s a positive sign from your body that you are ready to relax, perhaps more than you ever have in your life. Ignoring or thinking how to stop it feeds it, makes it worse and forms a habit.

Instead accept and observe these feelings, be amazed at the bodies ability to take control, start thinking ‘wow’ my hands trembling or my hearts racing, don’t try and stop it, study it. This reprograms the pattern from feeding to understanding. You can practice this exercise right now regardless of how you are feeling, just listen to what your bodies telling you.

Also if possible for about 20 minutes a day try and sit with legs crossed, eyes closed and relax, notice any tension and let it go, observe any thoughts and let them drift away, Be as comfortable as possible, if your legs become numb switch them.

These exercises intend on creating relaxation as a habit, which happens with practice.

Lets stop being chased by tigers that aren’t there.

not_all_bad

That’s my pleasure Roxy
The sitting exercise I explained achieves as deep a relaxed state as possible without falling asleep. Relaxing or meditating doesn’t have to stop throughout the day. When performing actions like walking or working, observe any unnecessary thoughts or muscle tension and let them go.

not_all_bad

A till is a cash register at shops.

The lotus position is fairly advanced which requires a lot of flexibility. I have found that thinking of a sound being stretched out like 'ooooo' makes it hard for me to think of anything else. Monks use chants during mediation which achieves a relaxed state similar to prayer in a church. Imagining yourself at pilates or somewhere you often relax like bed or the couch helps the process. Bring your attention to your breathing, concentrate on the air going in and out of your lungs. Any of these should help distract you from your thoughts, it is difficult but gets easier with practice.

not_all_bad

:wink: You've found what works for you :D How great is that feeling when everything slows down. Hopefully one day we can all sit on the beach together, but i cant swim :?