I Have G.A.D. ..please someone give me some advice.

NYOrdeal

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, i have had it for 5 years now
Im currently 16, In Junior High it was ok, but now in High School its the WORSE.

My anxiety through the 9th and 10th grade followed throughout every single day, but started getting worse everyday so i had to cut classes because i couldn't take it.

Now im in the 11th and its much much worse, a couple of weeks ago i could attend school up until the 6th period..now i cant even attend 1st period.
At 1st period my anxiety just abruptly unabated takes over me, and i cant control it so i have to leave in 1st period. Now i cant even go to school, it harms me in the subway when im going to school, but does not harm me when i come back from it.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Please i just want to do away with this damn horror.
My parents think its me being lazy and not just wanting to attend school.
When its not the case because i have 85,85,90 in the classes i attend, so obviously something is preventing me from succeeding in the rest.

My anxiety doesn't let me focus at all, i can't listen to my MP3 most times because it harms me and im afraid someone will hear my stomach noises.

Most times i feel breathlessness ,like i can not talk at all.
:(

I HATE HATE THIS, I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF THIS F*CKING ORDEAL, THAT IS DESTROYING MY LIFE.

Hi NYOrdeal,

Have you tried ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)? ACT is a brand new way to deal with suffering. ACT is based on mindfulness and our own values. Mindfulness is like being in the present moment, focusing on what's going on around us instead of focusing on what's going on in our brains and bodies. ACT says we can't control our private events (thoughts, feelings, memories, etc). Instead we work on controlling our arms, legs and mouth. We use our values to guide and motivate us thru the gradual exposure we need to get better.

There are some ACT self-help workbooks available: "Get Out of Your Mind & Into Your Life" & "Living Beyond Your Pain" are like $20 each and are very easy to read.

Don't let avoidance take over your life. In ACT we picture an anxiety meter in front of us. If we try to reduce our anxiety the meter will just go higher. There's another meter, but this one's behind us, hidden. This meter shows our willingness. It's our willingness to have anxiety, depression, bad thoughts, etc. We can slowly raise our willingness and not concern ourselves with our anxiety.

NYOrdeal

I went to school on Thursday and could only sit for about 15 mins. literally.
It was a horrible experience.
I HAD to leave 1st period, i was wondering if i can ask the school to send me teachers to my house, until i start to take more control of it.
Because im currently due for a appointment in January with a psychologist.
I cant maintain this disorder for that long, i will be cutting everyday.

So question: How can i get the school to send me teachers to my house?
And will they charge money?