I hate zoloft

shy_pixie

I've been on it again for one month. This is my 3rd time on it. I started taking it again because my stupid doctor told me to, to get thru one or two nerve racking experiences because he didn't want to give me valium.

I wasn't depressed b4 going on it, but feel slightly depressed now and work is hard because I feel it's sucked all the inspiration & motivation out of me, which I need to do the work that I do. I also hate the restless legs feeling that I sometimes get and the full on yawning, not to mention the sweaty feet/ foot odour that I never had before. I think I feel a little less anxious but it's hard to tell, the difference is not really that much. It all depends on what mood I'm in.

Should I stick with it for longer??? I like drinking too much though and I shouldn't be while on this...!

brad22482

Hands down, yes you should stick with it. Its takes weeks, even a couple of months for zoloft to work. Alot of the side effects go away after a few weeks. When I first took it I lost a night of sleep because I got tremors and my mind was racing, it was like I took too much caffeine. My teeth would honestly chatter and my hands would shake. I didnt see any real results for a few weeks, and the results didnt just all of sudden appear like turning on a light switch. Its more like the sun rising in the morning, it takes a while for you to notice the results. Matter of fact, you really wont feel much different, but in time you'll compare how your anxiety is now compared to when you were'nt on the meds and actually notice a difference.
If Zoloft causes you too much side effects tell your doctor, you might need to lower your dosage or change meds. BTW, your supposed to gradually build up the dosage over a few weeks. I started off at 20mg and I am now upto 150 mg w/ few symptoms remaining and there not as severe as when I started.

renegade

''I hate zoloft''

I'm beggining to think the same way shy_pixie...

i am now for the second time on Zoloft and it's starting to wear off :(

it worked for a few months though, now back to the drawing board

I had a seizure while on Zoloft. I wouldn't recommend meds for SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder), instead try ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy). There's a great ACT self-help workbook called "Get Out of Your Mind & Into Your Life" by Dr Steven C Hayes.

Emma

I found that Zoloft worked for awhile and then later it think it just made me worse.....and I became too dependant on it anyway

BornAgain

i dont know what ure all talking about, im on zoloft, and i dont feel shit! Its supposedly a psychadelic drug, but im not feeling any sort of high from it. The only thing i feel is it going down my throat! I'm starting to think SSRI's are just sugar pills......