I hate buying XMAS presents!

IceLad

I hate buying XMAS presents as I find it so depressing. It reminds me how much social phobia has taken over my life because I hardly bother with people, and I literally have only 1 or 2 presents to buy.

A few years ago when I had my family to support me, I had plenty to buy, but as the years have gone on I've bothered with people less and less, and find myself in this situation. Friends have just become acquaintances.

My greatest fear that in the future, I'll be buying myself my own presents. At least I'm guaranteed to like the presents this way!

shy_uk

IceLad said:
I hate buying XMAS presents as I find it so depressing. It reminds me how much social phobia has taken over my life because I hardly bother with people, and I literally have only 1 or 2 presents to buy.

A few years ago when I had my family to support me, I had plenty to buy, but as the years have gone on I've bothered with people less and less, and find myself in this situation. Friends have just become acquaintances.

My greatest fear that in the future, I'll be buying myself my own presents. At least I'm guaranteed to like the presents this way!

Hi Ice.

Im pretty much in the same way as you describe there with buying presents. Good job that Christmas comes once a year as I find it v.depressing with it being geared towards loving couples and families. Also, Im near on useless at buying presents lol

Take care, regards, Shy_UK.

SaharaWorld

IceLad said:

LOL! And at least you havn't lost your sense of humour :)

I can certainly sympathise with your situation - however, I think we need to try as hard as we can to stop comparing ourselves with other people - thinking that they are all having a great time, living a wonderful life and are surrounded by people who care about them. We might be surprised to learn that there are many more people who feel lonely and struggle with life than we might think.

We're not alone in this respect.

kiwi

IceLad said:

I hate buying Xmas presents too, but not because I want to have more people to buy them for, I just find it soooo hard thinking of something new every year! I only have about 6 or 7 to buy - for my parents, brothers, and sisters - but that is enough for me.

Maybe you should just buy a few more presents for yourself, after all you probably deserve it and you know what you want!

FaymeLevy

I HATE X-Mas, so I don't even bother with the whole thing. I don't buy gifts for X-Mas, but if i see something that I can afford and that i know they would like, I'll buy it for them, no matter what time of year, so I don't see why its such a big deal and im considered insenstive for not doing anything X-masy. Its suppossed to be a religious holiday anyway, and i've found that it has nothing to do with that anymore anyway. Sorry for ranting...lol

kiwi

FaymeLevy said:
I HATE X-Mas, so I don't even bother with the whole thing. I don't buy gifts for X-Mas, but if i see something that I can afford and that i know they would like, I'll buy it for them, no matter what time of year, so I don't see why its such a big deal and im considered insenstive for not doing anything X-masy. Its suppossed to be a religious holiday anyway, and i've found that it has nothing to do with that anymore anyway. Sorry for ranting...lol

I hate Xmas as well, but I rarely admit it to anyone since everyone else in the world ('cept me and you!) seems to love it.

I find it such a chore, the whole present buying thing, office Xmas parties (which I rarely go to, but have to go through the torturous process of being harrassed about every year), the lunches, dinners, Xmas carols on the radio, Xmas ads on TV, argh!

Scrooge