I had a bad reaction to my meds!!

Ashleigh

These are the ones I'm on Lithium, MAOI (Nardil), Neurontin (gabapentin), and Keppra (levetiracetam). I started getting cold chills and throwing up. I've been in the hospital for the past several days. I still feel sick and dizzy. Any suggestions on getting rid of the effects?::(:

chickenmaryjane

maybe you should take some charcoal pills, i heard that it was good for nausea plus it absorb the chemicals that are in your system.

danstelter

Sounds to me like you're overmedicated. Try alternative methods of reducing anxiety (unless you will become suicidal or something like that when going off of these meds) like regular exercise, eating a healthy diet, talking to a counselor, venting to healthy friends, and engaging in anxiety-reducing exercises like progressive muscle relaxation or positive visualization. Be ready to deal with any effects of not taking your medication, but I believe that in the long run most people do not need it. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jo1991

Sounds to me like you're overmedicated. Try alternative methods of reducing anxiety (unless you will become suicidal or something like that when going off of these meds) like regular exercise, eating a healthy diet, talking to a counselor, venting to healthy friends, and engaging in anxiety-reducing exercises like progressive muscle relaxation or positive visualization. Be ready to deal with any effects of not taking your medication, but I believe that in the long run most people do not need it. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I agree. I don't want to start problems with anybody on here. I don't think that pills are really the answer. If you think about it, after all is a billion dollar market.

Noca

Banned
I agree. I don't want to start problems with anybody on here. I don't think that pills are really the answer. If you think about it, after all is a billion dollar market.

All of the original posters meds are generic (not sure about Keppra). Hardly any money is made off generic meds.