I feel like a 13yr. old in a 30yr.old body

Long story short....I've always been shy with few friends throughout my life. Early teens, I started to withdraw into my own world and daydreaming for hours in a day. Ironically, I had 2 sisters very
close in age and another one 7yrs. younger. I wasn't close to them or my parents growing up.

Though, I've always had a job since I was about 17, I isolated myself from everyone and kept to myself. I was the "loner" Stayed home on the weekends when I wasn't working. I've never been on a date. I've tried going to Church and meeting people which didn't work, it's not for me anymore. I don't believe in organized religion.

I lived in fear......driving and people.......I have recently gotten over my fear of driving and that has been awesome.....people scare me because I know there's "bad" people out there or people pretending to be your friend. Whenever I disagree with my mom, she gets mad at me.

I've been getting out more even if it means doing it alone. It's hard. When I communicate, it's not that good. One factor that makes communication difficult is that I can't hear well, had that problem all my life. So when people talk, I have a hard time graspig what they're saying and don't like asking people to repeat themselves

Redskinsfan

Wow that sounds tough. It's good that you've been getting out more though. I need to do some of that myself. Are you taking anything for anxiety?

dooby-duck

My ears are pretty rubbish too. If there is any background noise I find I can't hear what people are saying at all. I'm 30 as well and certainly don't feel that old.

da_illest101

i have a pretty similar experience except i'm 23 and i'm very close to my parents and my sister. I still don't go out though