I fear my effexor has now worn off, may have to try something else

Migy

Six years ago I was taking Effexor fora while, and there was a positive difference with me, but because of a job loss cutting off insurance, I was cut off from being allowed to still take effexor. But last May they came out with the generic brand of it, my insurance covers for this one. I thought "YAY I finally got my meds back." And it felt great to be indifferent, not focus and expand thoughts on the negative, and be a new me.

It was back in August I finally had started taking it. Bu in late September, I think it was wearing off (75 mg) so my dosage was doubled. This has happened before 6 years ago where my dosage needed to be doubled. But it happened about 5 months after starting with the 75 mg. And at the beginning of this October I felt better again. But now in the past 2 weeks, I feel very strongly that it has worn off again.

I feel it won't matter if I increase it more, cause I feel like it will continue to wear off till my body can't handle this biggest dosages there is. I feel like maybe my body has built up too much of a tolerance for it, and it's like sweating it out. I told this to my Doctor today. I don't understand ::(: I wanted this back badly for years, and now it maybe gone for good. I was a real wreck before taking it. But those negative feelings are coming back to me. Plus the sexual side effects seem to still remain somewhat.

My doc has recommended to me cymbalta, since I told her I discovered that "Social Phobia" is what I most certainly have. She wants me thoe to take Xanax XR while I stop with the Effexor, and then later when it's out of my system take the Cymbalta.

I'm very anxious and worried about this sudden change. I'm scared off stopping the effexor, feeling the withdrawls, and getting to something else that might make me feel nothing as well, or worse. I'm scared to still keep taking the effexor, if it's just gonna be a waste, not working anymore, as if they were water tablets.

And most of all, I'm afraid of falling apart completely, and that there wouldn't be a med in the world to help me. And above all, I'm scared to tell anyone else (friends, peers) that this is happening, after they have all been smiling seeing me shine taking the effexor.