I can help anyone with this problem

justin

first of all, facial blushing and flushing can be caused from many things but the most common and the most dreadful happen to be from, nervousness, anxiety, shyness, or stress. Im here to tell you that i have a treatment for anyone who blushes or flushes from nervousness, anxiety, shyness, or stress. all of these things happen due to multiple reasons, such as a low self image, shyness, or self doubt. in fact u can feel a blush or flush coming on as ur heart beats faster or if ur very nervous. what we need to do is treat the anxiety, nervousnes, shyness, etc. heres how you do it, if u flush all the time and your face is starting to develop rosacea (mine did) you can start out by using IPL as many times as u need until u feel that uve reduced the general redness when u flush. it works very well, but it doesnt treat the underlying problem. Next what u need to do is tell ur doctor about these problems and bring up the SSRI called Lexapro, newest anti-depressant, works fastest and best. In the long run this drug will eventually take that nervous, shyness feeling out of ur body, which will therefor never make u blush or flush.. takes about 4 weeks to fix u completely. Also mention the drug Inderal to your doctor, it is a beta blocker, which helps block the signal of ur fast nervous heart, so the bloood isnt rushed to ur face so imensly. Everyone a combination of Inderal (beta blocker), Lexapro (SSRI), and a few IPL treatments can and will change ur life, i was on the border of suicide, from this constant flushign and blushing, but i am happy as can be now. PLease try it. Email me for questions, i am here to help.
http://www.myspace.com/23509689

hollisterxoxo

help :(

my mom doesnt want me on anti depressants. im so desperate right now, this facial blushing is ruining my life. what can i do :(

justin said:
takes about 4 weeks to fix u completely

Quote from Lexapro's own website:

"The most commonly reported side effects of Lexapro are nausea, insomnia, problems with ejaculation, somnolence, increased sweating, fatigue, decreased libido, and anorgasmia."

These are the ones they're willingly admitting to. Please don't make claims about drugs that are not true, it makes it look like you might have a vested interest in promoting particular drugs and spreads misinformation.

Hollister, your mum is quite right not to want you to take antidepressants. They should be strictly last ditch and they DO NOT fix the problem. Ever. They just numb you a bit. To beat your blushing problem you will need to work hard, not take a cure pill. You need to change the way you think (CBT can help with this, there are books that will teach you how, if you cannot afford a therapist). You can achieve real results by improving your diet (note what you eat and when you blush and look for patterns - likely candidates include caffeine, alcohol, refined sugars, food colourings, citric acid). Improving your physical condition can also help.

With hard work and time things can get better, in the meantime don't forget to question claims of quick fixes or complete cures. Drugs have their place but remember they are a commodity, they're being sold to you so that someone can make money and that person may not have your best interests at heart.

Best of luck,

justin

Im not trying to make a claim.. the medicine DID help me and logically would seemingly be the best combination of medicine for anyone in this situation. Remember, despite what anyone tells you, blushing is caused by a general lack of confidence/low self image of yourself, your face will blush because you get nervous and worry about how ppl are viewing you, or what they think about you. Your nervousness when you are put on the spotlight or whatever, is so intense that it overstimulates adrenaline and pulse which in turn rushes an extreme amount of blood into your face for a brief or sometimes dreadfully long amount of time.

~SHORT TERM HELP~ So like i said, i recommend a BETA BLOCKER(recommend Inderal LA) low dose should be fine, to lessen the adrenaline response to being nervous.

+

~LONG TERM HELP~ Along with an SSRI (highly recommend Lexapro) which will help you try to change your image of yourself by giving your brain a small boost of seritonin(neurotransmitter involved in depression)

Also remember this process of changing your self image takes time, be patient!

Im just trying to give out the formula that helped me and hope it can help all people in this boat.

Bennyfingers is giving the old cliche answer "it takes hard work"
well bennyfingers, why not make "hard work" a little easier and see if the beautiful man made creation called medicine can assist ;)

By the way food does not affect blushing, so your diet theory is off.. and the side affects for Lexapro are not common, and if they do occur they are very mild, lexapro is newer and a more perfected SSRI.

www.myspace.com/23509689

Pitrus

What is IPL LOL good one
If u have some questions like that just research the forum or Type it in Google.

Blushed

I don't belive that drugs are the answer. Honestly who wants to be taking drugs on a daily basis. I know this problem can get so bad that it seems like the lesser of two evils. But the fact is that you can raise you self esteem and self confidence in other ways. But yes these other ways do take hard work.

Blushed

However, having said the above. If anyone does try these medications then please come back here and give us all some more feedback. I'm sure everyone would feel much more comfortable getting more then one opinion on this "cure".

Pitrus

Im about to brake myself and make my parents to give me some $ to get the medicine and do some V beams
Also if those meds dont work ima go on seroxat i hured it works magic.
And one more is that Justin never said u take the meds on daily basis for longer time. He took it only for 1 month and after that he stopped and since then he doesnt have no problems with fb/ff.
But u would want to consider doing V beam instead of IPL.

nici

wow, pleased someones finding a kinda cure. wish i could go back to my docs and ask for this SSRI, but he refuses to put me on them after a bad withdrawal effect from another SSRI citalapram. already taking propranalol beta blocker, think its the same as inderal, helps in a small way. funny enough my heart doesnt race that much when i blush.

phoenix1

I understand how frustrating and painful blushing can be, but try to think about whats going on before taking a drug like lexapro to fix it.

Blushing starts out with nervousness or anxiety, but it really feeds itself. You are so afraid or anxious about blushing to the point that your anxiety symptoms actually make you more likely to blush. You then get so frustrated and embarrassed about blushing that it makes you even more anxious not to blush which just makes it more likely to happen.

Using drugs to stop blushing is like chopping your head off to stop a headache. They both might work, but its not exactly the cure. Numbing yourself with drugs to the point where you dont even feel enough anxiety or nervousness to even care about blushing is not really the answer. Those drugs dont magically take away anxiety and shyness and make you all happy and blush-free. They take away a lot more than that and the second you get off the drugs, you are right back where you started, if not worse.

There are ways to break the cycle of blushing without drugs. Things like midfulness and acceptance of symptoms that dont feed the self-created cycle are alot more effective.

a_solution

i am no longer a blusher - no drugs, no surgery, no make up

You dont need drugs and you dont need surgery. Blushing is a mental problem.

ive had a blushig problem for years now but i have recently defeated it. I used to seach through forums like this for an answer but there ever was one. It seemed that noone ever overcame this problem or the few people who did just werent bothered ever coming back to these depressing forums to share how they did it. I vowed that if i could end my blushing that i would come back and share my solution because i know as much as anyone how devastating this problem can be.

I have no affiliation with any websites or companies offering solutions to this or any other problem(for all you cynics out there), however i am going to direct you to a site where you can download an audio book, and you will have to pay for it. This audio book expalins exactly how to change your way of thinking to stop your blushing problem forever. There is no magic bullet(well actully there sort of is, i'll tell about that later). This may take a bit of time, but it definitely works.

For those of you who simply cant afford to pay for this or are just to cynical to try i will tell you the main points he makes to solve your blushing problem. You've probably heard some of them before but when you really take them on board and add them all together it is extremely powerful

dont resist when you blush or think you are going to

accept the fact that you are a blusher and that your face turns red more easily than others.

your face is not nearly as red as you probabaly think it is. so chill out.

STOP CARING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU

That's the most important one. Think about it. You've probably always been very preoccupied with what others though of you. Years of this has resluted in your blushing problem. You are at fault for this problem through your own way of thinking. Thats another point-you have to accept responsibility for this problem because YOU ARE TO BLAME, that is very important. This website is called blushingfree.com. Check it out.

If you download this audio book you will see that this guy directs you to another site which sells self help tapes which cost hundreds of €€€. Don't stop reading yet. These tapes are amazing-they really work on your subconcious to change your way of thinking and increase your self-esteem and confidence.

The website is called thinkrightnow.com. Check it out. I didnt spend one penny on these tapes. there is another website called btjunkie.org where you can download torrent files for free. You just have to download a torrent application thingy on you computer first (uTorrent is one of these, its free). I am not condoning illegal downloading, you would be doing this at your own risk, but ive heard its very easy, and completely free.

So there is a free solution. You dont even have to dowload the audiobook because ive told you all the main points already. However i would recommend that you do because he goes into much more detail and theres probably other important points that i cant remember. I your life is being crippled even half as muc as you all say it is then you will try this solution. And if you give this the right commitment and effort you will no longer be a blusher. Good Luck.

jbrwn

thanks

apologies for dredging up an old thread but this one helped me and for months now I've been plagued by an observation:

i was on the border of suicide, from this constant flushign and blushing, but i am happy as can be now.

it's downright wicked to to gloss over a mention of suicide and go on about how bad medicine is.

propranolol helped me. it wasn't a cure, but it helped. and nothing else had. and it was because of this post. thank you.

Spigstar

Blushing can actually be a physical problem- some people's physiology seems to be unusually receptive.

SSRI's are totally safe- there can be side effects, but these are uncomfortable as opposed to actually harmful to the body, and many people will tolerate even quite extreme side effects because they love the other effects so much.

I take citalopram.I think it has helped a little, but it does take a long time.Sometimes as long as 12 weeks.These drugs are a lifeline to many people.Most doctors consider an SSRI almost essential if you have extreme depression and/or anxiety. If your problems are milder than you could just go down the CBT route solely.

julseyboy

justin said:
By the way food does not affect blushing, so your diet theory is off..

this is rubbish. food and what you put into your body has a direct effect on how you feel on a daily basis and so does affect blushing. in particular i would encourage everyone reading this to make sure they dont eat processed foods and other foods and drinks which contain artificial colours, favourings and sweeteners. i have done some research on some of the chemicals that are put into our food and they can cause negative effects for many people both mentally and physically. Aspartame (sugar free drinks etc) and MSG ( mono sodium glutamane) - some symptoms of consuming these artificial chemicals are "flushing" and "depression" etc. do ur research, our bodys wernt made for these man made chemicals which are making many ppl ill...its so true, u are what you eat!

dr russell baylock is a doctor and neurosurgeon and has extensively studied the effects of these chemicals on human health - google/youtube it!

dangers of MSG - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMUYYdjmA0

lecture by baylock on aspartame and msg -

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2141666279271222294

gud luck!