hypochondria???

pinkputter

Ok i have somewhat recovered from SA ...

and i know there are some on this site who have as well

And those of you who havent, it is so possible and hope is waiting on the otherside

But to those who have/are recovering,

I feel like , if youve ever read MacBeth, and remember the famous "out damn spot" line (and no she isn't talking about a dog named spot) ... she is dillsional and dreaming that there is blood on her hands...

Anyway, I feel like I keep looking for other things wrong with me .. and I feel like i do this to distract myself from being productive, which makes no sense.I feel myself being anxious again when i have no reason to be

But does anyone else feel this way??

alabanzai

i wonder if aches and pains could be arthritis or if my hands shaking (most likely anxiety) means i have parkinson's or some other brain disease. one of the things i worry about the most when i feel sick is whether i am actually sick or if it's all in my head (because i tend to worry too much) but if i shrug it off as mental, it might actually be something serious. sometimes i worry that i'm crazy but i don't know if that counts as hypochondria. i don't really understand how people don't worry about this stuff though.

pinkputter

this is what i struggle with ....

although i dont think of physical things to worry about, (i worry more about i do, how i do it, if it was the 'right' thing, etc) ... i think both are the same in that we need to fcus on the present, and then ifwe are really in the moment we will be able to know if something really is wrong vs. we were just over analyzing...

Make sense? I am not the best person for advice on this since i obviously said i have trouble with it..

anyone else experienced a similar situatiion?

Hotshots

I think if I ever find something that stops the sweating, I'll prob still be too paranoid. Ive had underarm sweating for 8 yrs so its impacted my lifestyle in infinite ways. I dont know if I will ever return to a normal lifestyle. My mental state has been torn apart by this depressing curse :cry:

pinkputter

Hotshots, how old are you?
I thought I was just going to have to do the minimum to get by in life for the longest time too... but i found when i limited myself was when my life really WAS limited ... if that makes any sense. We really can control more than we may think. Thats a scary thought at first, but reassuring to know that life wont just happen to us... we can control what happens TO us in life! Try to be in the moment more, that helped me in the first stages of recovery...

And phantom,

Yeah I agree with your post. I feel like im recovered as in I don't have to avoid things, and I dont have physical symptoms as bad. And though thats such a blessing in so many ways, I still feel like every day is in a way a battle. You have to constantly keep your mindset positive which can be a task with a background like having SA... but I think in a big way everyones fighting some sort of battle everyday. Not just ppl with SA or even ppl with disorders. We all share some kind of struggle.
I just feel like now that im "recovered" I dont have a resource to go to for my problems. I don't have a boyfriend and havent in years. My grades aren't the best. I'm in college but dont feel like i have a passion for the direction im going in. Seeing this circumstance and how i know myself,I can definitely see how these problems are there because of SA ... but whats frusturating is now that SA is gone, those problems are still there and i havent got one clue as to how to go about resolving them.
I can study more, and will, but that won't help when I hate it and have problems focusing as it is.
I can try to get out more, and meet guys, but that won't help when thats not letting my true personality show.

Sorry for the rant. I guess the whole purpose of that was to just say that yeah, SA can be gone but problems are just part of life.
With SA you just feel more a lone in your problems cause its less likely we'll share in explaining our problems to some one else. Maybe thats why its hard? I don know just a guess....

pinkputter

Hot shots, you have so much life ahead of you! do you know there are people out there in their 50's and 60's that have been searching for years for answers and have suffered their whole lives. Think of the oppurtunity we have to change and beat this at a young age.

If you think about it, experience in itself causes pain. Whether we use that experience to help us overcome is up to us.
I may be preaching to the choir here if you already know this. But when I get discouraged it helps to remember that either way, working towards our recovery or NOT, we will experience pain. So we might as well be doing something to make the pain eventually go away. See what i mean?

I dont know, soemthing to think about...I dont know if that affects hyperhydrosis, but it def. has related to me personally and SA