hyperhidrosis & ditropan

johnny2009

Just want to add.
I have HH everywhere.
7.5mg daily gave me improvement only in my chest & my back. But I felt that my feet were worse, at that dose..

After my first month with ditropan, 10mg daily gave me an all over improvement in hh.
I am now taking 20mg daily.
I find ditropan better than probanthine. My side effects with ditropan are milder that with probanthine. Also, its nice not having to urinate as often while taking ditropan, as I did with probanthine.

Adjust the dose upwards, and give ditropan use 2-3 weeks to get working properly.

HHvictim

i'm currently testing out ditropan 15mg once a day and haven't been very happy with the results.
but i'm going to keep taking them and be patient with the side effects

what time of the day do you take them?

teandtoast

johnny2009 said:
Just want to add.
I have HH everywhere.
7.5mg daily gave me improvement only in my chest & my back. But I felt that my feet were worse, at that dose..

After my first month with ditropan, 10mg daily gave me an all over improvement in hh.
I am now taking 20mg daily.
I find ditropan better than probanthine. My side effects with ditropan are milder that with probanthine. Also, its nice not having to urinate as often while taking ditropan, as I did with probanthine.

Adjust the dose upwards, and give ditropan use 2-3 weeks to get working properly.

interesting youve taken both and are liking ditropan better
im currently taking probanthine and it works ok
would be interested in trying ditro
funny u mention the urinating...thats one the things i sometimes dont like about pro is that sometimes u need to go but u cant kinda thing

johnny2009

To HHvictim & Teandtoast.

To HHVICTIM : ----------
I take 2x2.5mg ditropan as soon as I get up. I take the other 6x2.5mg as required. I have been taking ditropan for 14 months.
Last summer, during 23 degree celcius days, I found that 5mg of ditropan would start to wear off after approx. 3 hours. Whenever I took the next 2x2.5mg ditropan, it would take mayby 20 mins for them to work,
during 23 degree celcius days. ( so, take the next 2x2.5mg the moment that you feel the current dose wearing off).

Probanthine used to start working for me within 5 mins, but it wasnt as good a drug. I used to take 8x15mg of probanthine daily.

At the end of my FIRST month on ditropan, I was taking 7.5mg. I only had dryness in my chest & my back. My feet in fact sweated worse.
(that is mayby what dermatologists call 'Compensatory HH').
At the start of my SECOND month on ditropan, I started taking 10mg daily. That was when I first noticed dryness over my entire body.
(I have this hh problem everywhere ).
When I walk now, the soles of my feet feel soo much dryer than with probanthine.

HHvictim, I really dont know how you are managing to take 15mg ONCE a day. The thirst alone must be killing you.

To TEANDTOAST ; ---------
Mayby twice a year I had problems not being able to urinate with probanthine. But mostly my problem was that I had to go too often, with probanthine. This was because I was drinking more liquids, because of the thirst it gave me.
Ditropan helps me to hold my urine better ( its also used for old people to stop them needing to get up in the middle of the night repeatidly to urinate). However, after using dirtopan for 14 months now, I have NEVER had trouble urinating, when I have wanted to.

HHvictim

well thank you johnny for the information. i was feeling after the first week of being on ditropan that the dose might me a little high. i'm completely a guinea pig for my doctor so i'll let her know what worked for you.

p.s. for all you hand and feet sweaters out there. i don't really have an issue with hh of the hands and feet, i have axillary hh, but i noticed that my hands and feet are extra dry when taking these meds. might be worth trying if you haven't already.

johnny2009

To HHvictim.
No, I dont take the extended release tabs. Wikipedia said that they are not quiet as good as the regular ones.

HHvictim

really.. hmm. i read on wedmd, i think it was, that the ex. release had less side effects.

maybe thats why i'm on such a high dose being that i take the ex. release.

Tina_55

I've just started taking ditropan but haven't noticed any difference yet. DOes it take a while for it to kick in? Or do you think I should increase the dosage? (I have plantar HH)

HHvictim

i stopped taking ditropan.. after a month it wasn't working for me.
it gave me dry hands and feet but thats not my area of concern.

i'm very happy to say that robinul is working for me again!! i've been dry all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i took robinul for the first time 3 years ago and after one year it stopped working, but last week i decide to give it another try and it's working again for me!!!