How old were you when you started having Social Phobia?

How old were you when you started having Social Phobia?

• under 5 years old

Votes: 45 19.1%
  • 5-10 years old

Votes: 46 19.6%
  • 10-12 years old

Votes: 42 17.9%
  • 13-17 years old

Votes: 66 28.1%
  • 18-21 years old

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • 21-more years old

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • not sure

Votes: 11 4.7%

• Total voters

AimeeSP

I've had it since around 11/12 when i started secondary school and when things from the past became clearer to me.

lyricalliaisons

Wow lol. I just clicked this link & it says I already voted on this poll, but it says I picked "21-more years old" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. Why would I do that lol????? I've had SP since I was under 5 lol. I must have not read the question or something lol because I would have never picked that. I wish I could remember doing it.

Pookah

All my life. Probably something to do with being a naturally shy child or the asperger's diagnosis.

DarkSeeker

I remember when I was very young that my "tyrants" brought me to their little tea parties with the rest of "family" to exhibit me like some zoo animal. I was always the only kid there and spent all my time in a corner alone playing with toys, watching tv or something and waiting to go home where I could spend more time alone but in my room.

I wasn't even 5 that I was already that weird loner brooding in a dark corner.

Keri

I have had social anxiety as far back as I can remember which is around 5. The way I'm told is that I was always a clingy kid and wouldn't go to anyone except my parents.

laurenboborenfefifoforen

Middle school was bad, I was never used to being picked on or anything so I was always just 'me',
found out people don't like that.
I got really reclusive around 13 or 14.

Like some others, I was always shy, but I don't think I had full social phobia until I was a teenager... possibly 11/12- the onset of puberty.

vivianvargas

yea me too. i kinda think that i have social anxiety because of how i was raised. when i was little i remember of moving into different places quite few times. and i was not allowed to go outside. sometimes i got playmates [neighbors] but not to the extent of making close friends. im still aloof with them around. all i do most of the time is watch cartoons. i didnt even experience playing street games:c

Illusions

Well as a kid I was shy and selectively mute, and starting from my early teen years I was socially anxious. So technically, I've had it all my life. *sigh*

Kiwong

I was bullied and teased at school that is when it started. I was about 13.

It started to get really worse ten years ago for me. I'm 47 now.

NickyNacker

I was around 14. It was middle school. And I always think back to that time and wonder what went wrong.

Actually, I guess I should say 14 is when it started becoming a real issue. I feel like I've had social anxiety since I was little. I was always over-dramatic, over-sensitive, afraid of rejection, etc. And I think those things are the roots of what is now my terrible social anxiety. If that makes sense... ?

Last edited: