How I reduced my blushing

Timbo

Hi everyone, I want to share with you how I reduced my blushing/flushing dramatically with the hope that it will help at least one person out there.

To give you some context, I’m now 31 and have been a severe blusher and flusher for most of my life. I spent most of my years avoiding situations where I believed I might blush which was almost every conceivable social situation. I’ve been diagnosed with rosacea, generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder. Normal social interactions were a nightmare for me. Not surprisingly, I was depressed and even suicidal for many years. My face would flush so badly on a daily basis that it literally felt like sunburn. My life was often in shambles and holding down a job and building relationships with people was nearly impossible.

I’ve been to countless medical professionals, Western Doctors, Chinese doctors, Naturapathic Doctors, and I’ve done tons of research, spending many long nights scouring the internet and other sources for something that can possibly help me function like a normal person. I’ve tried various medications, herbal remedies, naturopathic cures, eastern medicine, vitamins, laser treatments (V-Beam), meditation, but had very limited success.

About six months ago, being fed up and willing to try anything, I asked my doctor for a prescription to a medication called Remeron or Mirtazapine. I started on 15 mg and am now up to 30 mg. To my amazement, my daily flushes stopped radically within a few days! The main side effect has been general fatigue and sleepiness, but it’s a small price to pay for this. My anxiety levels are way down and I’m able to function normally with very little fear of blushing. I’m able to do things I never imagined possible and used to fill me with terror, such as work full time in an office, stand in a wedding and meet new people. I certainly still have many issues that I’m trying to work through, but I’m positive that I can make more positive changes.

I used to be very anti-medication, but I’m happy that I found Remeron later rather than never. If you are in the same boat, consider doing some research. If it’s bad enough that you spend countless hours on these forums looking for help then it might be worth checking out.

I'm taking the time to share this because I still see people on this forum reaching out for help and I hope I can be of some assistance. If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

Good luck!

doesit

sounds like effects of benzodiazepamines or blood pressure meds,you get same effects using them only problem addiction is high on benzos.And blood pressure meds can mess up your heart.

Timbo

Remeron or MIRTAZAPINE is not a benzo, it is a tetra-cyclic antidepressant. There is no "high" from this drug. I agree it may be addictive but I would gladly take that and other minor side effects over the way I used to live.

k8steroonis

I'm struggling a lot right now and trying to take the natural route with 5HTP and Kavinace to increase my serotonin levels, but I'm feeling like some type of medication may be my only hope. Thanks for sharing your experience