HOW DO YOU SWEAT?

-ian-

Well, now that my Palmar HH is back, I've been on these forums, just trying to gather some information...

I was curious as to how the sweating starts for everyone.

Other than Heat and Anxiety/Nervousness... are there any other DIFFERENT ways that it starts for you...

Like in my situation... and I can't remember if it was the same before the ETS surgery, but I think it was, but in my situation, I would say that 90% of the reason my hands start to sweat is because my feet start to sweat. I've always noticed that my feet start it all. It's like when I walk around, when my feet start to rub inside my shoes, there is this tingling that starts and my feet start to sweat. THEN, my hands come right after.

It's like, if I can keep my feet from sweating, than my hands won't sweat. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing shoes or sandles, if my feet get rubbed the right way and start that tingling sensation... I'M DONE!

Yes, I have Plantar HH as well, and it was there the whole time my hands were dry after having the ETS Surgery (clamped)...

Do any of you sweat like this? Is it triggered another way? Or is it triggered just by heat and anxiety alone?

bigchris

I just sweat all over when I'm hot or nervous really. My main area of concern is my back. This gets incredibly sweating which stops me wearing just shirts out and I always have to cover it.

wethandsandfeet

-ian- said:
I've always noticed that my feet start it all. It's like when I walk around, when my feet start to rub inside my shoes, there is this tingling that starts and my feet start to sweat. THEN, my hands come right after.

Thats exactly how I sweat. The tingling in the feet starts it all...

-ian-

wethandsandfeet said:
Thats exactly how I sweat. The tingling in the feet starts it all...

So your hands start right after your feet too?

Do you find that if your feet don't start to sweat, then your hands won't either?

For the most part, if I can just keep my feet from sweating, then my hands won't have a problem.

nico82

Mines seems to be only triggered by heat and anxiety. I always begin to sweat on my forehead which spreads to my back. I never sweat in my armpits or my hands.

tiny83

Heat, anxiety (though I'm very social and not affected by social situations, things that typically make someone nervous would make me sweat) and anxiety of sweating in said situations.

I oversweat in hands and underarms. Like dripping. Feet yes but doesn't bother me much. Back and stuff, a little if I'm SUPER sweaty (if it's 100 degrees out or I'm on a good workout) but just normal like anyone else.

Had botox for HH in hands and underarms. Liking the results so far.

wethandsandfeet

-ian- said:
I've always noticed that my feet start it all. It's like when I walk around, when my feet start to rub inside my shoes, there is this tingling that starts and my feet start to sweat. THEN, my hands come right after.

I wonder if this is the reason the Idromed manual says that Ionto works better & faster if the hands & feet are treated TOGETHER. Perhaps a small reduction in plantar HH causes a large decrease in palmar HH?

-ian-

wethandsandfeet said:
I wonder if this is the reason the Idromed manual says that Ionto works better & faster if the hands & feet are treated TOGETHER. Perhaps a small reduction in plantar HH causes a large decrease in palmar HH?

The thing that I don't understand about that is, I was told that there are different nerves that control each, nerves for the hands and nerves for the feet and so on.

I had asked about the feet, when I got my surgery done, and I was told I wouldn't want that surgery done, because it could cause problems sexually.

For the 5 years that I was WITHOUT PALMAR HH, my feet were still sweating.

I don't know, I guess they're still linked in some way, even though they are different nerves.

Mimdawg

My sweating seems to be of two types: sweating that is continual despite the social situation (Auxilary) and sweating that is initiated or exascerbated by social situations (facial, hands, feet) . Since my early teens, my armpits have always been a problem, with huge sweat rings.
As I've gotten older, (in my forties now), I have noticed I still get the sweating, but not to the same extent. I have to avoid coffee, as it just turns on the fawcett, but that's liveable. The tough part is dealing with the other sweating, the social situations. I hate being self-conscious, but that's what this brings out. I've noticed that the facial and hand sweating have gotten progressively worse, and this in turn, makes me more self-conscious. If this ETS works, I definitely would like to talk to those of you that have tried it. I'm not big on surgery, but I have dealt with this for a large part of my life, and I feel it has held me back in alot of areas. I know it is not disfiguring, and to that extent, I am greatful, but there is not getting around the self-conscious part of this.

-ian-

Mimdawg said:
My sweating seems to be of two types: sweating that is continual despite the social situation (Auxilary) and sweating that is initiated or exascerbated by social situations (facial, hands, feet) . Since my early teens, my armpits have always been a problem, with huge sweat rings.
As I've gotten older, (in my forties now), I have noticed I still get the sweating, but not to the same extent. I have to avoid coffee, as it just turns on the fawcett, but that's liveable. The tough part is dealing with the other sweating, the social situations. I hate being self-conscious, but that's what this brings out. I've noticed that the facial and hand sweating have gotten progressively worse, and this in turn, makes me more self-conscious. If this ETS works, I definitely would like to talk to those of you that have tried it. I'm not big on surgery, but I have dealt with this for a large part of my life, and I feel it has held me back in alot of areas. I know it is not disfiguring, and to that extent, I am greatful, but there is not getting around the self-conscious part of this.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE SELF-CONSCIOUS PART... That's the anxiety part, when you start to worry about being anywhere because you've started to sweat... Like today, I had been having a slightly busy morning so the feet and hands started to go... went to Target during my lunch hour, and the whole time I was worried about the check-out line. I was just buying some gum, but was worried about getting the change back from the cashier. Hands were going, but not that bad. It's actually cold in Houston today, so that helped. He ended up just dropping the change in my hand.

It's ridiculous that we have to worry about those things, you know? You have to think about EVERY HAND shake! My new method... try to tell everyone who wants to shake my hand, not to... and explain why... at least it eliminates the negative of them having to feel it. We'll see how that works...

So, you're in your 40's and still having problems huh? They say that around your mid-30s you it starts to slow down. I'm 30 now, and I'm hoping to see a slow down soon... but each person is different so...

I had the ETS surgery almost 6 years ago. It was GREAT for 5 1/2 years... GREAT!!! No Sweating of the hands and NO ANXIETY. Confidence all the way and NORMAL nervousness in NORMAL nervous situations.

But, like some people say, it was a HONEYMOON for me... came back this past August.

If I had to give advice, after what I've been reading recently... I WOULDN'T DO IT. I didn't know the kind of complications that could come with this surgery.

I may be one of the fortunate ones that didn't have any post-surgery problems (Thank God), and I'm sure there are others out there that have had success... but to have so many people on these forums tell horror stories of their post-surgery problems... I wouldn't take the risk.

Go here and so some reading for yourself, before you decide...

http://etsandreversals.yuku.com/

I wish there was another way to get rid of this problem we all have, but I don't think that there are enough of us that suffer from it to have Doctors try and find a cure or solution for this. It's just not Cancer or AIDS.

Mimdawg

Post ETS Symptoms - Post Op Issues

Hi, and thanks for responding/relating your experience. I am also clean and sober, 15 years this pat october, and am not sure what the post-op issues you relatied. I am not enthused that ETS is not a permanent solution, and was aware of some of the ETS side effects ( compensatory sweating in lower torso, droopy eyess, etc) but was not sure as to other.
As I did click on your link, I only saw information which alluded to nervous response or lack of. Is that one of the effects you're experiencing? I know you said you mentioned having the excessive sweating come back, but was not sure if you also have other ETS side effects.
Also, I have scheduled a phone consutlation with Dr. Nielson out of San Antonio TX, who claims to be an authority on micro-cutting ETS surgery. THis purposts to be a less intrusive approach with a quicker post-op turn-around time and minimal side effects.

HAve you heard about this guy or procedure?

Thanks,

Matt

-ian-

Re: Post ETS Symptoms - Post Op Issues

Mimdawg said:
Hi, and thanks for responding/relating your experience. I am also clean and sober, 15 years this pat october, and am not sure what the post-op issues you relatied. I am not enthused that ETS is not a permanent solution, and was aware of some of the ETS side effects ( compensatory sweating in lower torso, droopy eyess, etc) but was not sure as to other.
As I did click on your link, I only saw information which alluded to nervous response or lack of. Is that one of the effects you're experiencing? I know you said you mentioned having the excessive sweating come back, but was not sure if you also have other ETS side effects.
Also, I have scheduled a phone consutlation with Dr. Nielson out of San Antonio TX, who claims to be an authority on micro-cutting ETS surgery. THis purposts to be a less intrusive approach with a quicker post-op turn-around time and minimal side effects.

HAve you heard about this guy or procedure?

Thanks,

Matt

I think I'm one of the more fortunate ones... so far (fingers crossed). Only sweating of the hands came back. I had no other side effects after the surgery, just Compensatory Sweating, which was tolerable.

Sober for 15 years??? Are you saying you had the surgery done before? I don't understand what you mean by that.

If so, you're planning on having the surgery done again?

I'm not familiar with that doctor. I live in Houston, TX and had the surgery done by Dr. Garza... he doesn't do the procedure anymore. Apparently, he had some lawsuits against him. Something about not warning patients of ALL the side effects and risks.

Also... do you find that keeping away from caffeine helps?

Mimdawg

Sorry, what I meant was that I am interested in the surgery. I have not had it yet. I thought I saw in one of your entries that you have about two years clean and sober time.

In any case, my chief concerns were about side effects and potential post-operative problems.

One of your entrees stated that you would not do the surgery again because of the concern over the potential hazards that could result from the surgery. So, I'm just weighing the risk/benefits here. For me, to get rid of the unpredictability of the profuse sweating and the self-consciousness would be huge; but I also want to be aware of any associated health risks before making a decision.