How do you overcome SHAME?

WantFreedom

hey guys,

how do you overcome a sense of shame? i've been dealing with a sense of shame from within...

...just feel like i'm a loser...and i don't know about you...but i am a Christian...so i pray a lot...but my shame seems to be a stronghold in my life...

have any of you guys overcome a sense of shame?

creep_x

Just try to learn & accept urself.
Analyze y u think ur a loser..Maybe u r trying to do something in which u arent good at? Every1 is good at something.
Accept ur SA, know that its not ur fault & its a disease

i_must_wake_up

The only way to banish this shame is to look into your memories. Did you always feel ugly, stupid, and weak? Did you feel like a piece of crap when you were 5 years old? There were moments in your past that caused these feelings. You blocked out the memory(s) to protect yourself from shame and pain, but the moment(s) still effected you and are close to claiming victory over you (with your lack of self worth, etc). Go back into your mind and overcome those moments; know why you allowed it to happen and how you will never allow it to happen again. Banish all your fear and shame; they are unnatural and evil. Free yourself from society and the shame it inflicts. Think only about yourself and your NEEDS and most personal desires; then dedicate your life toward fulfilling your most personal desires.

Cynic

i_must_wake_up said:
The only way to banish this shame is to look into your memories. Did you always feel ugly, stupid, and weak? Did you feel like a piece of crap when you were 5 years old? There were moments in your past that caused these feelings.
Many moments all throughout my childhood, adolescence and even early adulthood. After a while you end up believing it.

i_must_wake_up said:
know why you allowed it to happen and how you will never allow it to happen again.
One cannot prevent it from happening if its true.

Deckart

For me it was religious shame, being told repeatedly that even my own thoughts, my sexuality was wrong, wrong, wrong. That led to me being isolated in school which fostered further shame - at that young age I wasn't prepared for that, which made it worse.

Now I'm doing things to make myself proud for being so strong all these years, cycling, playing my Guitar, going to job interviews and using "slow talk" when I'm with people or realizing silences are only awkward if someone is rude.

TAMPA-BAY

shame

For me I had to ask my self why. Why I was ashamed of being shy and socially in experienced in social situation.

I then did some research and came to the conclusion that shame is cause by comparing apples to oranges. (figure of speach ) LOL.

If we were living on a deserted island we would feel no shame. It seems to be cause by comparing. Try doing a search on it.

steviegerrard489

WantFreedom said:
hey guys,

how do you overcome a sense of shame? i've been dealing with a sense of shame from within...

...just feel like i'm a loser...and i don't know about you...but i am a Christian...so i pray a lot...but my shame seems to be a stronghold in my life...

have any of you guys overcome a sense of shame?

Hard I know. I always feel ashamed when I'm with people who are talking about their wives or girlfriends.

The only consolation is that no one knows and no one thinks I've been as unsuccessful with women as I actually have! Probably because I'm fairly good looking, tall (6ft 2) and work out regularly!

Cool_Un_Cool

I try to block out all those humiliating thoughts that accumulate during the day, by listening to music.
Such as; KoRn, Linkin Park, and Black Sabbath.
For me, I feel shame for my physical disabilities and my emotional weaknesses.

Kien

I have a little bit shame too. I rarly think about it but it feels quite bad that I can never undo the things. :(

lifes_to_long

always think there someone theres someone thats more of a loser than you, and be pleased about that.
I think im loser #8 in the world.lol