How do you feel when you realize you're actually mentally ill?

rockchick46

I feel overwhelmed because I have depression, SA, and alcoholism. I try not to think about it and take one day at a time. I have ignored the SA until recently because I have to focus so much on staying sober. I am trying to get more educated about it.
I'm trying to do the same.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I feel overwhelmed because I have depression, SA, and alcoholism. I try not to think about it and take one day at a time. I have ignored the SA until recently because I have to focus so much on staying sober. I am trying to get more educated about it.

I admire the fact you acknowledge your problems.

My ex partner of 20 years became an alcoholic, destroying our relationship and family in the process and to this day still doesn't admit she has an issue.

I wish you all the best.:)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
It's strange for me, because my SA was a source of inner strength for many years.

Now I see it for what it is.. Yea, it's weird.

Steiner

Different ideas of it I've had through years, sort of embracing it at one point and then realizing I'd rot if I didn't do anything about it. Though for me I seem to exchange one illness for another and I guess it seems to come down to what problems would I rather have.

sprode

I will wear it as I would any other part of my identity - and I've been this way so long with my myriad of problems that I am used to it. There are no shortage of people with a variety of mental issues... but we must band together for our own rights and support one another. As alone and as marginalized as I tend to feel, I am not alone in spirit.

Of course, I'd be singing a different tune if I was displaying this outside the Internet. Online I've never had much reason to hide and have become more open because of it.