How do I handle it

M

mad dad

am having a situation at a high school that my Daughter was and is being threatened and bullied, My daughter is a freshman at this high school. She has gone to the teachers and dean about the situation, My wife had also went to the dean with same results. then My daughter gets into a fight with one of the girls. Then when she comes back to school she is threaten again I write the dean, assistant principle, and principle and no resolve then my daughter is then jumped from behind by another girl. Who we were informing the dean about from the beginning. Yes the school arrested the girl but there was more than one person involved in the threats. But the school is not responding back to tell or inform me of safety provisions taken for the safety of my child and the rest of the students. I have emails of every incidents that I had happen in the school since the beginning. I do not know what to do I wrote the school, I wrote the school broard but I am not getting any response. I tried to get a lawyer but they are saying a retainer for $3000.00 this is steep

This is the time line

Daughter is threaten several days on October 12-20. My daughter goes to the teachers and dean and inform them of the situation.

October 19 my daughter informs me of the situation.

October 20 my wife goes to the school to speak with the dean

October 21 my daughter is hit by girl fight starts

October 21-25 daughter suspended for three days and the accressor has the same punishment ( makes no sense)

October 26 returns to school threaten again daughters goes to dean tell him of situation and calls us. I wrote the dean about the threats and who was involved. Other girl pushes my daughter during a class. Boyfriend of the girl threatens my daughter after school. I email dean again. Of how can this guy b around my daughter. I inform principle also of situation

October 27 principle writes email I responsed back that yes my daughter told the dean and so did we. I recieve phone call from dean. He says we may need to transfer daughter I disagree my daughter is the victiim. I inform him of my daughters safety and the safety of other students. What are going to be taken place. I stated I would like to speak to all of the parents of the student involved in the threats.

October 28 my daughter is jumped from behind by the other girl. Police arrest one of the girls. Nothing has transpired to the other individuals. I explain how I feel this may have been a set up. I write the school board of the situation

October 29 what measures are being take for the saftey of my daughter. No response and no updates

What should I do?

I honestly don't know the laws of your country, but have you tried approaching a higher authority? As in the Education Board or some such organization? Then seek their advice on the matter as well as your doubts on the way the school is treating the matter?

There may also be legal firms that offer free legal advice on such matters.. But this may differ from country to country, you'll have to find out on your own. Or perhaps just keep asking around different forums. Who knows, maybe a lawyer or at least someone trained in law can advise you properly...

Take the advise with a pinch of salt (since it's online) but I think that has got to be better than nothing. At any rate, try to contact the Education Board (or its equivalent)... Explain the situation and seek their advice, be prepared to have all emails and supporting evidence should they actually ask you to come forward personally with the case.

All the best and good luck with the issue.

hidingfromtheworld

I was bullied throughout my childhood because i was from an abusive home and had zero self esteem. I was kicked,tripped,had books knocked out of my hand ,etc, followed home from school and verbally tormented the whole way. I never said a word to anyone but i was dieing inside. I have experienced bullying as an adult also. My strong advice to you is that you document this activity daily [or as it happens] and make copies. You should then send a certified letter and enclose copies of the documentation you have taken daily. Be sure that the school gets the copies, you keep original. Ask for a return receipt to be mailed to you once the letter has been signed for. There is an option to not be notified when sending certified so you have to be specific. You will need these certified proof of mailings and your letters if you ever need to prove your case. Trust me , I have taken legal action before and i know that these certified letters are taken as 100 percent proof in a court of law that you complained..Be sure to date all letters and send as many as you feel you need to. This is helpful if something bad were to happen too [God forbid]. Good Luck and press until they do something. You have so many legal rights in this situation. Maybe get free attorney consultation if it gets too bad. good luck.