How can I get a girlfriend if I never had any 'girl' friends

Josh90

Okay so I'm 18 years old and I've never had a girlfriend. I'm not ugly, I'm actually think I'm a pretty decent looking guy if a bit on the skinny side. But the problem is that I have a hard time initiating the conversation with girls that I think are pretty. So nothing ever gets started. I don't know any girls that I like talk to on a daily basis so it's not like I can even start a relationship since they don't know me well enough.

What can I do? It seems like girls want to talk with me sometimes but they want me to make the move....They give me stares and stuff but I usually don't do anything lol. I swear this really pretty girl was giving me looks. She was staring at me and **** and looked as if she was interested but I didn't do anything, I dont know what it is, it seems like that piece of my brain is missing or something, the part that would instinctively know what to say to a girl, when I was growing up through school I never talked to any girls unless they asked me a question and always prefered doing boys stuff that talking to girls, It's really starting to depress me.

steviegerrard489

Re: How can I get a girlfriend if I never had any 'girl' fri

Josh90 said:
Okay so I'm 18 years old and I've never had a girlfriend. I'm not ugly, I'm actually think I'm a pretty decent looking guy if a bit on the skinny side. But the problem is that I have a hard time initiating the conversation with girls that I think are pretty. So nothing ever gets started. I don't know any girls that I like talk to on a daily basis so it's not like I can even start a relationship since they don't know me well enough.

What can I do? It seems like girls want to talk with me sometimes but they want me to make the move....They give me stares and stuff but I usually don't do anything lol. I swear this really pretty girl was giving me looks. She was staring at me and **** and looked as if she was interested but I didn't do anything, I dont know what it is, it seems like that piece of my brain is missing or something, the part that would instinctively know what to say to a girl, when I was growing up through school I never talked to any girls unless they asked me a question and always prefered doing boys stuff that talking to girls, It's really starting to depress me.

Hey you sound like me when I was 18 (11 yrs ago).

You can talk about anything really, for example, what they are reading, what they are doing after work/school, what was on TV last night... Unfortunately it wasn't until I got to 23/24 that I lost my fear of talking to women.

My problem now is that I don't flirt with girls so they lose interest. When I see an attractive girl who gives me looks I automatically assume shes 'out of my league' and never 'make a move'. I guess the reason is I'm scared of rejection, scared of people noticing that I like the girl/women and poking fun at me (and believe me they do where I work). I know I should take no notice of them.

Kien

I hardly start a random conversation with anyone at all. :/ And I have no hell idea how people get together.