Home vs Public

ShadowCat

For me, at home (or with any family) I'm social and talkative. But at school or other public places I'm extremely shy and don't say anything. It annoys me that I can be talkative at home, but the second I leave, I just become shy. Is anyone else like this?

sensitive

worrydoll said:
it probably just shows that once you get close to people youre not shy..so..thats really cool...x
absolutely, that is exactly what happens with us. we just need sometime to get used with people. we are like little kids with their moms who are scared of strangers :lol: . you may notice that, little kids get used to people after a while then start similing even playing with strangers or new people to them.

FaymeLevy

I am that way too. I am really chatty at home with my family, so much so that I talk really fast and only my mom understands. But I think that's a good thing. My Uncle is also a social phobic, and alot of times, he cant even stand to be around his wife and kids. Heh, Christmas parties are very interesting with the two of us shaking in the corner. LMAO

LittleMissScareAll

I'm almost always really quiet...but I'm not shy or nervous or anything when I'm just with my parents...and I do talk to them more than I talk to most other people, but I'm rarely extremely talkative.

Lost_Nomad

yah me too. at home i feel calm and i can talk and say what i want, sometimes i actualy feel so good that i feel i can go out and act normal, but as soon as i get out the door i get that nervious sick feeling, you just cant be yourself. so tense :x