High Heart Beat, Its A Disgusting Feeling

yumms

I absolutely HATE this feeling, a few minutes ago I had to talk to someone on the phone and my heart couldn't stop beating at this fast rate. This happens so much in different situations too.

Even right now, i'm off the phone, and its still beating at the fast rate.

Its like someone or something from my body is smackingmy heart around :cry:

Aw hun I know the feeling, I absolutely hate it when my heart races, feels like I have no control. Are you in CBT or taking any medication?

Welcome to the site

Naomi x

yumms

Not in CBT.

I use to take medication, tried two different ones (can't remember the names). First one made my stomach really upset and made me throw up, the other didn't make me feel any different at all. So I stopped.

Trying to fix the situation on my own. Its tough :?

I'm handling SA on my own as well, not doing so bad right now. Have you ever tried beta blockers? They can help with fast heart rates, and they don't have the same bad side effects as a lot of anti-anxiety drugs. I've never tried them though, so hopefully someone else will know some more about them.

dazedandconfused

Ugh heart palpitations are nasty.

Last year one of my mates jokingly punched me EXTREMELY hard in the chest, right over the heart. After a minute, my heart was beating incredibly fast, and I got dizzy, lightheaded, stomach-ache.

rko74

try breathing

when your heart goes up high like that your breathing too much from your upper chest.Try putting your hand on your upper chest and stomach and try to breath more through your stomach.Your hand on your stomach is the one that should be moving not the hand on your chest.

Septor

Yea I know how that feels.I use to have that bad when I would have really bad panic attack.A horrible feeling.You might talk to your docotor and see if he has any ideas.I'm sure there something you can take so it is not so bad.