Hi there, please help me

Homer_Go_Crazy

Hi I'm an Aussie guy who has had a problem for 20 years now. It started in school when I was 6. I have had a feeling like if I don't hold or "shift" my penis I will wet my pants. As you can imagine, it's not exactly socially accepetable to do this and I was quickly ridiculed. Years have passed where I have had to hide my "urge" whilst suffering in silence. It has brought me close to suicide on more than one occasion, and I suffered with severe depession for years. All this time I thought it was something physical for and had countless tests and I have been on more medication than I care to imagine.

Recently a very good Doctor (God bless him!) suggested it may be anxiety related. I am now on Paxil (40mg) which helps, but I still get "the urge" and I am now going to seek help through Hypnotherapy to reverse this learned behaviour.

Has anyone ever experienced anyhting even remotely similar to this? All these years I have felt like a freak and I just want to forget the urge and get on with my life. I want to have kids soon and I don't want them to pick up behaviour like Dad's because it would make me feel horrible..
:cry: ANy suggestions? the urge is so strong it feels like it has taken over my life and I want it to go so badly that I obsess over it.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to vent and make my affliction clear.

Danfalc

Banned
Hey.. sorry to hear about your problem mate :? must be rough because people arnt sympathetic when they dont understand... and even when they do sometimes.Anyways i just wanted to reply.. because i have somthing a tiny bit simlar in just the fact that i always feel that i have to do it.. have this urge like.

I have to clear my throat... before and a few times during conversation.I really have to do it all the time... so people who see me on a frequent basis probaly pick up on it... but i just cant not do it cos i feel i have to otherwise my voice wont be as strong as it should. :oops:

Homer_Go_Crazy

Danfalc said:
Hey.. sorry to hear about your problem mate :? must be rough because people arnt sympathetic when they dont understand... and even when they do sometimes.Anyways i just wanted to reply.. because i have somthing a tiny bit simlar in just the fact that i always feel that i have to do it.. have this urge like.

I have to clear my throat... before and a few times during conversation.I really have to do it all the time... so people who see me on a frequent basis probaly pick up on it... but i just cant not do it cos i feel i have to otherwise my voice wont be as strong as it should. :oops:

I do this too, especially after food. I try to laugh it off because of the other issue but I can understand it would be terrible for you. It's so frustrating, Im know...

ILuvHipHop said:
have the thoughts ever made you wet your pants? or is it just a fear?

Only a little bit, once in High School, but no-one found out thank God or I would have died :oops:

Thanks for replying, feels good to get it off my chest... BTW Danfalc, Love your avatar 8)

Danfalc

Banned
Ta for the avatar compliment 2pac is a legend.Anyway im not a doctor.. but it would be helpfull if you gave a bit more info.. like do you feel nervous in certain situations ect.. have problems with eye contact? If you do... the thing that you feel you need to do like i need to clear my throat up could be like a saftey behaviour you have done over the years to reasure yourself and it has eventualy become like a habit.But really thats only a guess tbh.

boodizm

Hey Danfalc, i've had that same problem as you, that swallowing thing. It's a real headache that one as i'm sure you know. I once thought it was something to do with my sinus or post nasal drip, but i think it's directly related to sa, as it has got better as my sa has improved. Though I still noticed it a little when i was alone, it was 10x worse when i was nervous. Read about that sinus stuff if you like, it may help you but prolly not. I never tried it.

Danfalc

Banned
Thanks Boodizm ive never heard anyone else mention they have had the same problem, good to know it can get better and that you have :) And yeah im prety sure its directly sa related asswell... reading about sinus's will probaly just put worries/ideas in my head.