Hi Im New

MikeG

Hi My name is Mike and im from the Boston area. Im 32 years old and have been fighting with Panic/AxD since July. Now I know it is a short time compared to many of you here, but it has been hell for me.

I lost my Dad to a stroke and heart issues 4 years ago this month. But I was strong for the family. Trying to fill his shoes and keep everything in line. Well it didnt work. My mother and I had a falling out with my sister 37 and stopped speaking to her. Shortly after she moved to PA with her fiance. This is when the panic started. But not just with me. With my mother also. We both began to suffer panic and AxD at the same time.

We worked things out with my sister and she is alot better off in PA. And we are making plans of moving out there also to make a fresh start.

But the Panic still creeps on me. I can feel great for a week. Then I become weak, dizzy and it starts again. I am on Ativan and Celexa both. And they do seem to help me. But I need a real fix.

Im starting to see a Shrink at the start of the year in hopes of getting out all my fears. And maybe finally mourn the loss of my Dad.

I been to the ER many times. Maybe about 12 times. 6 by 911. I know what a racing heart feels like. My highest was at 220. I was praying for the end at that point because I couldnt handle it. And plus I get nervous because my Dad had heart issues. I know how it feels to fear going out. I hardly leave my house because im afraid im going to have an attack and crash into somone and hurt them. And im afraid to be alone becauce I dont want to die alone.

I know it sounds strange, this is all new to me. I had a normal job, great life with women, made good money and never had a care in the world. But now its all stopped. I dont want to die this way. And I dont want to have to put up with this for 20 years like some of you have.

Am I catching this early? Or should I get ready for a lifetime of this?
My heart is fine. I had every test you can imagine for the Doctor to ease my mind. But its hard to believe them when you feel your heart pounding out of your body.

I come here to hear other peoples stories to know Im not alone. Also to not feel ashamed of what I have. I hope to help and be helped. And look forward to talking to many of you.

Mike-

virgo

Hi mike

i've gone to check my heart also,,,seem likes it in good conditions.
How long do ur panick attacks last? And how do u calm urself?

Mine last about 30 minutes, and i need to go to my room asap. Unfortunately i'm ashame but i need to be held like a baby,,,,usually my bf. hugs me and tells me everything is going to be ok. the next day after a panick attack i feel like i dont want to leave my home. :(

I have to take a speech class in college,,,,and i dropped it bec. i'm so scared to get a panick attack in school.

johnyboy

you know what panic attack is a form of depression mike,i did complete check up and thank god im 100% healthy.you can overcome panic attack without medicines for me medicines can coz more problem you can deal with panic attack because panic attack is not an illness its all in our minds because some of us have frustrations that we dont have an outlet,visit this site WWW.PANICEND.COM this site some how helps me.believe me panic attack wont kill you,its all in our minds.let it kill you (coz im sure it wont) dont be scared because if your scared the stronger it gets,believe me when your not scared it wont attack.it happens to me.pray to god and always think if your goin to die no matter where you are or what you do you will die! dying is not that scary pray or visit a priest im sure they can help coz i lso did it.god bless mike! :D