Hi, I'm new to this site!!!

SamGreen

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, you're awesome!:thumbup::thumbup:

First off, I want to say I'm very grateful for the opportunity to join such an inspiring community such as this one, I'm excited to find out what'll be in store!

I don't normally use forums, but I've decided that this would be a great opportunity for me to meet users with the same anxiety problems as me, so that I can ultimately face my own fears, thus becoming a better person.

I'm currently 17 and I have virtually no social life, this is because I purposely push people away. It's my silence that turns people away from me, and I don't smile so I normally have an intimidating look that people find unsettling. I can tell people are scared of me because they act funny near me, ex. trembling hands, shaky voice, excessive blinking etc. I don't mean to be intimidating, it's just that I'm used to not talking. I also hate the sound of my own voice, it's like a cheese grater rubbing against my own ears.

I hope that one day I can give up my fears with communication and actually have a good social life, because I really don't want to die alone and it's also a good thing to have friends I can hang with every now and then.