Hi Guys Another Newbie Here

hercules

Well, finally found you guys and sure hope someone out there can help me navigate the scarey world of agoraphobia. The panic attacks and anxiety is getting a little to hard to handle. Anybody have any really good coping skill suggestions? I am open to any help you have to offer

Silvio

I'm sorry to tell you that you'll probably recieve no help on this forum.. This board is as dead as Paris Hilton's freedom..!!

stevieN

Ok Silvio is full of anger, as most people on this thread. Look , I just joined and already I feel worse and I though this would be helpful. But hopefully I can help you. No one else here can help because they don't even want to help themselves. I've sent out good advice and things that helped me to cope, but no one wants help. But you do, and that's so great. I feel that I got this condition so I can overcome it and help other people overcome it. I'm still coping but I've come so far in the past few months, and I'm actually proud of myself. I still have a problem with flying and going really far from home, but I'm working full time and I can go where I want with in my set limits. But this coming up week I set a new goal for myself and I plan on crushing it too.
How far into this are you? Are you housebound or are you functioning but with meds, what's your status. I can help better if I know where you're at. My best advice is to go on some real sites and learn as much as you can about agoraphobia. You'll learn that it is curable, easily but not quickly. Also that you're not crazy and panic attacks won't hurt you. You can actually stop a panic attack by egging it on. It sounds scary but it actually works. If you think, c'mon hit me with what you've got, then you'll start thinking, well shit that's all you've got! Ok you're probably thinking that I'm crazy for talking to myself, but all you have to do is change your thoughts. Read my post response to a post about making a list of what helps so other can read it. I put some things in there that hopefully will help someone. I can teach you a lot about this condition if you want to learn. You're so brave for seeking help anyways, so keep going with that bravery and you'll beat this thing too! God bless.

Sen

My aim this week is to spend a week (not an entire week, but long enough) at my girlfriends house. I normally can't sleep if I feel uncomfortable, and I'm going to be in the house with her and her sister (nobody say anything dodgy ok :p ) from Tuesday evening through to around Saturday or Sunday. One of those days I'll be catching a train to get to college (back to my hometown) and then I'll catch a train back.

I think this'll be the longest I've been away from my parents (sad I know) since I started getting dodgy about going outside. And by the sounds of things they will be coming over on the Wednesday to buy us all a pub lunch :D

Didn't know where else to post this, so just thought I'd shove it here as Stevie was talking about how he still not great with aeroplanes and stuff.

stevieN

Hey, that was a great post, and good for you. You'll be fine, that's so brave of you. By the way, Stevie N, woman not man.

Sen

lol, sorry about that :p

I think there ought to be a thread of everyones achievements and how far everyones got, what people have got planned. Would be decent to see how everyone else is doing.

Going to see a hypnotherapist tomorrow btw, should be fun.