Hey... Question About Combining Drugs/Herbs...

creznor

I realize that this isn't the appropriate place to be asking, but I'll ask anyways. :)

Whatsup guys.

I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder at a very early age & sought treatment via Paxil for a short while, which actually did help some (although coming off of it was hell). I've recently decided however, to steer clear from the synthetic, pharmacological SSRIs for a variety of reasons and try some natural herbs instead (in terms of ssris).

My question is, can I take St. John's Wort, L-theanine, and clonazepam? Is that a safe combination, for both my head & liver? I usually take a St. John's Wort capsule (500 mg pure; not standardized) along wth 0.5mg of clonazepam in the morning... and I repeat this dosaging in the evening. I wanted to add the L-theanine into this regimine for maximum effect. Can I do this?

What do you guys think?

Thank you :)

Chris Reznor

creznor

No offense, but if you antagonize drugs for the treatment of SP so much, then why are you in this sub-forum to begin with?

I too think they act as blankets & cover the problem per se, but i'm also undergoing CBT, and the combination seems to be working pretty well.

I just wanted to know whether adding l-theanine for max-effect was safe, thats all.

Thanks 8)

Chris Reznor