Here we go AGAIN!

Flatcap

As an HH sufferer for close on 15 years I'm dreading the summer already! Most of my mates are really happy the weather has took a turn for the better but I aint. I had to attend four meeting on Friday at the University of York and it was a NIGHTMARE! I sat for the duration of the meetings with severe compensatory sweating. My shirt was soaked through both on the front and the rear and clamy damp legs. I had to keep my suit jacket on to avoid any embarrassment but this just makes it worse. And by late afternoon I had salt marks on the back of my suit jacket from sweating so bad. Propantheline (spelling??) doesn't seem to work anymore, apart from drying my mouth up completely and making me feel like crap!

I had a Sympathectomy a few years back which I don't really regret but man I HATE this condition.

Rant over....

Darren.

teandtoast

was really hot here down south today horrible :/ cant stand the summer
everyone else out on lunch lovin it Im like think Ill stay in at lunch
blazing sun and heat = shit

gg1101

it was hot here today. i had to bust out some avert pills and take 3 of them to get some relief.

bigchris

Yeah it's started heating up, yesterday I didn't do any exercise but still sweated loads. Today though it wasn't too bad. In summer I reckon if I just take meds everyday, and drink alcohol (which i've found makes the meds way more effective) I should be fine. :D Roll on winter!

teandtoast

Yeah it's started heating up, yesterday I didn't do any exercise but still sweated loads. Today though it wasn't too bad. In summer I reckon if I just take meds everyday, and drink alcohol (which i've found makes the meds way more effective) I should be fine. :D Roll on winter!

Im hearing ya on the alcohol ...shame i cant drink it at work haha
(not sure if is the alcohol making the meds more effective though ? just that alcohol in itself seems to help ...i find anyway)

Sure_whynot

I know man, my hands have really been sweating of late. Getting hot and swelling and everything. Iontophoresis only does so much. I've got another appointment to beg and plead for Robinul.

It only got colder then 50 degreese for about half a month over here in Florida.
Its been 80+ for the past few weeks. & by summer time it will be 90+

When sinful HH sufferers die, they fall from heaven and end up in Florida.

anxietyalways

On the thought of alcohol - have you guys noticed it helps your HH? I read one time that it does. It generally calms me down enough that I stop sweating.

Doesn't really work for the workday though, ha.

bigchris

Whenever I used to drink before meds, I noticed a vast reduction in sweating but not completely gone, and tried to get drunk at every given chance. Now on meds whenever I take it and drink im completely dry, but I think I get drunk quicker.

Flatcap

Pinker:
Does Iontophoresis not work for you?

I've never tried it is the simple answer but I may look into it.

As for the alcohol bit I do sometimes find it reduces it the day after but I figured that was just down to dehydration etc. It doesn't help me at the the time nor does it help any medication to work better.

Thanks.

Jezza

Personally I always think the summer does not make that much of a difference to me. I will sweat rediculously either way, winter or summer (like all of you I'm sure).

Only difference is in winter you wear more layers of clothing so some upper body sweat staining is less of an issue, but to me the actual sweating and drenching, cold extremities, not being able to do normal things are the real issues.

The staining is just one of these 'perks' you get with the whole HH package. I always wear dark pants/shorts and in the summer I find that some polos made of cotton with a certain somewhat thicker structure don't stain as noticably. A pattern can help, too, so at least I can wear some color so I don't have to go for the emo look.

I actually prefer the heat above the coldness of winter, eventhough obviously I would enjoy it (and everything else) a lot more without HH. Something that helps is that my head doesn't seem to be affected by HH and in fact doesn't sweat much at all in normal conditions (it's the only place that can be affected by HH that isn't in my case). I have friends who sweat noticeably on their faces when it gets warm, whereas I'm drenching my socks, pants, areas of my shirt and have these cold wet hands, but my face is ok...

Last edited: