Help needed

OCDavid

I have a disabled sister in her mid-30's who has a fixed delusional belief that she will be a counselor working in mental health. She has applied several times to be a psychotherapist at a particular psychiatric clinic but always been turned down without an interview.

She often tells people she is ‘highly qualified’ as a counselor, even though a local disability employment agency have told her this is not true. They told her that she has no chance of getting the psychotherapist job because she hasn’t worked. Well, she has a bit, but that’s basically accurate.

I am interested in finding people here who are working as paid counselors or similar and could thus be considered an authority on how the average employer at a psychiatric clinic involving psychotherapy would view the strength of her application. I would want to message you privately showing you her CV. If I can get several recognized experts saying that her CV isn't good enough she might actually listen.

OCDavid

B.A. in English and Diploma in Health and Human Behaviour (Counseling). The latter was correspondence.

dreemshaman

I guess she would be at least qualified for an entry level job related to counseling but not as a full proper counselor as that will require experience. Has she work in a related field before?