help me please

Today i went to the store to pick up my g/f and i saw a friend i used to hang out with all the time. At first i just wanted to run to avoid confrontation but i maned up knowing i have social anxiety and i just wanted to fight it and see what happends. We started to conversate and within 2 minutes i began to feel very unconfident and just wanted to get it over with. i couldnt even look him in the face because i was uncontrolably shaking. I feel like this happens all the time to me. During football season the news channel wanted to interview me and i was so nerve reacked i felt like such a idiot on tv. Can som1 tell me of a good treatment from a doctor or some good pills that will help me fight this feeling that i hate :roll:

Len

Go and see your GP and tell him/her your problems. They will be able to refer you to a psychologist or prescribe meds.

terrified

The best treatment is the combination of cognitive therapy and medication. Although medications might give you sooner result, without cognitive therapy it might loose the effect quickly.

Have you heard of Lucinda Basset? She developed a complete self-help program on anxiety disorder and depression. It gave me deeper understanding about panic attack and anxiety disorder. Also, it has a lot of great tools that will help you.

Here is her website.

http://www.midwestcenter.com/

I hope this help.

hiya

listen man never let those feelings over ride what YOU want to do. i know it is really hard to do and easy to say but by running from it will only make it worse in the long run. face the fear and the fear will disapear people will disagree with that and "cop" out to meds but meds should never be the quick fix to things that your mind and fix itself. good luck and god bless