Help, all was well but now....

Elulla

Help! all was well but now..... i don't know how i feel, i think i may have done something a bit silly, i had a row with my b/f at the weekend (well thats if he still is my b/f, and all he left me was a note saying goodbye x. i don't know what that means is it goodbaye as in i need to clear my head or is it goodbye see you in another life?

i've been really silly and i stopped taken my fluxotine again, i can't stand the stuff, i'm sick of how it makes me feel and now instead i am back to drinking (so pls excuse if any of this sounds silly or wrong) but i don't know what to do for the best. i kinda know what i want to do but it ain't gonna happen, i got to much to leave behind (like my kids and the fact that i'm supposed to go back to uni soon).

everything seemed to be going so well, hence that fact that its been so long since i last posted, but now??????

i hope someone out there can give me either just a hand, a shoulder to cry on or a kick up the jacksie!!
yours Elulla.

Ilove2love

Hiya, has things got worse since you have been off your fluoxetine? I think maybe it would be a gud idea to maybe go to your doctor, see if he/she can give you another kind of medication or treatment? xx

Elulla

yeah i thought of that, but not sure i wanna keep on the meds! what with uni starting soon, i can't seem to concentrate on my work when i'm on them, but i'm goona have to go back and ask !!!

things got worse before i came off them, my b/f stoped listening to me and to self-involved in bhis own stuff, but he expected me to listen to what he had to say an awfull lot!!
i stopped taking them about a week ago, becuase i didn't seem to be maknig any diff again!

Instead of meds, have you thought of trying something like Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)? ACT is like the next evolution of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). ACT has helped me a lot, maybe it can help you too. There are lots of ACT self-help workbooks out now, just search amazon.com for acceptance and commitment.

Elulla

Hi thanks for that i might just have a look into it, i have done cbt before and i'm supposed to having another consultation again, but the waiting lists are ..well ridicuolus.

i'll have a look and see what i can find, i willing to try almost anything now, because i can't keep doing this and fighting every time.

thanks again.