hello folks

rope

yeah,another one! :D

for starters,i havn't been outside for past 3 months...

i dont remember how fresh air smells like...
:(

everything was beautiful before new year...i started learning lessons against SA,but then i just quited and locked myself inside my house...

it was just too difficult to do....maybe i'll start again some day...

anybody please reply...

MarCPatt

Reading your post made me want to cry.

I wanted to cry after reading your post because I feel the same. I do not go out much. I want to. When I see people outside I wish I could go outside and mingle and have some fun. But as soon as I set a foot outside, I panic. I start feeling like everyone can see my anxiety. Lately I have been forcing myself to go out to get the mail and to the gym to exercise. I noticed that staying inside and keeping myself completely isolated only worsens my condition. Overdoing my exposure to the outside world also maximizes my stress levels and doesn't help much. I guess I have to start slowly.

Anyway, I am glad to know that you are not giving up either. We have to keep trying. A baby step at a time, but we have to keep trying.

Orlando

Dear Rope,

I have started and stopped therapy many times also. There were times that I felt that I was "uncurable". Therapy is frustrating. There are a lot of up's and down's. Hang-in-there. I understand. :!: :!: :!:

aleksandra

hey Rope, I’m really exited to see were you’re coming from!
Ja sam iz Beograda, ali ovde ne znam NIKOG da pati od ovog uzasa tako da sam zahvalna sama sebi bar na tome sto znam engleski :) . Mogu da ti kazem da su mi ovi forumi mnogo pomogli, mislim da sam na dobrom putu da prevazidjem ovaj strah i sve negativno vezano za njega. Naravno da ujedno idem i kod psihe ali bi slobodno mogla da kazem da mi ovo ispovedanje isto toliko dobro koristi. Videces da ce i tebi puno pomoci jer mozes da pokupis puno prakticnih saveta. Nastavicu sad na engleskom (zbog drugih - da ne pomisle da pravimo klan :wink: ), a ti ako hoces slobodno me kontaktiraj na mail: [email protected] , obicno sam uvece na netu pa mozemo da caskamo.
Sorry guys, but I just found a former contryman :D , and as it is very difficult here to come upon somebody with same problems, I’m really exited I can relate to someone in same (similar) language.
Anyway, Rope don’t give up, if you’ve been reading these posts you can see many people (including me) felt desparate at some point, but the good thing is we can all beat SA, we can all make our life better!! All it takes is a good will. And, as I said, you can contact me anytime on that email I gave you and I’ll get back to you streight away.
Hang in there,
Alex

matt

You will succeed

Rope; like the other replies dont give up and there is a treatment that can help long-term. I have started and stopped medication treatments for my social phobia twice before and am scheduled to go see the doctor again to re-start treatment at the end of this month. I know it can be frustrating. My understanding is that Anxiety and other disorders are brain chemistry related - see www.brainplace.com - or keyword search Amen Clinic on a search engine/browser. Mr. Amens book gave me a new understanding of my social phobia.

neddy

Rope, what happened to make you want to lock yourself away, I did that 9 years ago, the only time I leave my flat is when i go to work, I can't even stand going for a walk, going to the gym you name it I can't do it anymore. Isolating myself was the worst thing I ever did, I have regretted it so much but as I want to overcome this I am trying very hard to change. There are many ups and downs, sometimes you take a step forward only to take another 3 backwards but that can be overcome with perserverance. The only reason I go to work is I need to earn money to pay for rent and groceries otherwise I wouldn't work either. Don't give up and its good to hear that you will have another go later on. Maybe you just aren't quite ready to at the moment but the day will come. All the best