hello everyone

I_Hate_Life

Hi everyone

I am new to this site

I really have to echo what everyone has said here, i have suffered with SP
as far as i can remember, i am coming up to 39 now and my life is going nowhere, i really don't know how i have survived all these years, i live in so much pain inside of me i can't ever see a way out.

I have never had any relationships, people say i am a good looking guy, but deep down i am so lonely, and i crave for someone to like me let alone fancy me.

Getting thru the day or any simple task is a nightmare for me, i have been in my job for 20yrs now, yet i feel like i am going to a job interview everyday, people see me as a nice guy, maybe a little shy, but don't have any idea how it is eating away at me inside.

I avoid any situation that i know will make me feel SP, i even have to arrive way before friends in any pub etc so i can have a few drinks beforehand so i can relax.

I am hoping to make one big step and make an appointment with my GP next week ( even that is an ordeal ) and see what they come up with, as i just can't go on anymore, i am so depressed and need help of some sort, deep down i just think i will always live this lonly existence.

Thanks for listening guys :(

I_Hate_Life

worrydoll said:
oh wow. i relate to your post..i wish i could say something to make it better but i cant. i know how you feel if thats any consolation x

Thanks for the reply, i didn't know so many folk suffered till i came across this forum, it's a consolation you knowing how i feel yes :)

But i feel awful :(

redlady

Hi there - i would just like to say welcome to the community and that i think you have made a wise decision to go and see your GP. I really hope they are sensitive towards you and that they help you with your problems. I remember my first time at the Dr's - it was hard but ultimately worthwhile. I wish you well. :)

arlequin

Welcome. I do understand you, I feel more or less like yourself. All is so hard! But I'm always hoping it will get better.

I_Hate_Life

redlady said:
Hi there - i would just like to say welcome to the community and that i think you have made a wise decision to go and see your GP. I really hope they are sensitive towards you and that they help you with your problems. I remember my first time at the Dr's - it was hard but ultimately worthwhile. I wish you well. :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

redlady, i haven't made the appointment yet :? , it will be an ordeal for me to pick up the phone, i will just have to brave it, i just feel so pathetic and think my GP will be laughing at me when i leave his room, life is soooooooooo hard i really hate it :(

I_Hate_Life

I made the phone call this morning, when i eventualy got through that is :x lol

I will force myself tomorrow morning, i know it will be so hard, but i know i have to.

I will keep in touch :)

blubs

Hiya
Nice to meet you :)
I sent you a private message....don't know if you got it?
blubs

redlady

Glad to hear about your progress - and it is progress. Little by little and that's good enough , in fact it's great.
Being in the frame of mind to know that you have to do it makes all the difference and i really hope that it makes all the difference with you.

I_Hate_Life

Good day everyone

I just thought i would keep you up to date about my appointment at my GP's.

I don't think i had to tell him about my problem as he must of noticed me being a complete bag of nerves entering his room, waiting in the waiting room was complete torture for me.

I am not sure if it went the way i expected really, he was very understanding and i think tried his best to make me feel at ease, he listened and suggested tablets straight away ( seroxat ) 20mg for a month then go back and see him and up the dose to 30mg.

He mentioned counselling but said you are on a waiting list for months and seemed to think the drugs are very good and can be just the same as the counselling. also that you can stay on these for life if needed.

Maybe i expected answers straight away i don't really know, but i really thought that drugs would be the last resort and the offer of speaking to someone would be the way forward first!

I might get different answers when i next go back, but i just can't see drugs being the end of my problems, i would appreciate if anyone who has used drugs before on this site has had a remarkable change in their condition.

Thanks

redlady

Hey man thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress - i'm glad to hear it.
Drugs are not counselling in themselves, i know a Dr. told you this - but i have to disagree. I am on meds myself and they help to lessen what i am dealing with but they are not the end of my problems - they in themselves solve nothing. I still have my same thought patterns and i still have my same old habits - the medication hasn't eliminated them and my guess is they won't for you. You need to see someone to try and help you think and deal with your problems in a different way - dare i say it - in a better way. Let's face it if we could do it for ourselves it would be done - i know that i need someone to help me, which is why i have started seeing a psychologist again.
Oh dear - waiting on a list for months - are you really sure that's it? Is there a mental health clinic you could go to yourself, although i needed a Dr. referal to go to mine. Surely there is another avenue.

I_Hate_Life

Hi

Maybe the avenue will be seeing someone if i keep going back, i really don't see the point of having any drugs at all if they don't help in any way ( helping to lessen is not good enough for me ).

All i actualy see about these drugs on the net are the side effects, i don't see much info about them at all really.

I expect too much :(