Heartless People

ColdAsIce

I don't really know why I feel the need to share this with you all but it shocked and sickend me so much, I think I just need to make sense of it really.........

Yesterday my mum got a knock on the door by this local lad who she knows to say 'Hello' to. This lad is 26 years old and has a mind of an 9/10 year old. He was crying and shaking so my mum took him in, calmed him down, and asked what was wrong, he lives in a flat which his "Mother" bought him and my mum found out he was being bullied by a local gang of lads, who took all his belongings and sold them we believe.......(fucking heartless, evil bastards!!)...but it doesn't end there!!!

My mum rang the police and so they went to my mums house and took statements, and so the police are dealing with the gang. The police suggested that he should go back to his flat and just carry on as normal (can you believe that!!!!!????) by now this lad was clearly distressed and adament he DID NOT want to go back to that flat!! and so my mum let him sleep at her house for the night.

The next morning my mum found out where is "Mother" lived and knocked on her posh 4 bedroomed house, my mum expained everything to her and apparently she didn't give a shit, she said hes got his flat now he wasn't her problem!!!....NOT HER PROBLEM!!! for fuck sake!! this poor lad can't look after himself, he is vunerable and his own "Mother" the fucking bitch doesn't give a shit about him!!!!!...She lives in a big posh house, plenty of room for him but obviously because of his disability she has disowned him. My mum demanded the number of his social worker and she arranged to meet him, he said he won't let him move back to that flat and they will find him more suitable accommodation where there will be someone to take care of him.

To be honest I don't know what to make of this, I believe this lad should be with his family but yet he can't be through no fault of his own. Me and my mum are going to visit him on a regular basis. Its a shame his "Mother" doesn't care but I'm glad that my mum does at least he'll be looked after now I guess.

Its situations like this that really get me down, how can you not care about someone who belongs to you?? your child??, your flesh and blood??.......... :(

GettingThere

That's a pretty sad story.

Alas, there is a lot of truly crappy behaviour in the world coming from a lot of truly crappy people. Pays not to try and understand it I think because you would have to have a mind like their's to make any sense of it.

But there is also a lot of very nice behaviour goes on too and that makes it all worthwhile.

LilMissTragic

Sadly that sorta thing goes on all the time. Some people have no compassion and are so selfish that anything that disrupts thier own happy litle life is immediatly got rid of, sadly in this case it was that poor lad.
But like gettingthere said, there are good people out there and you and your mother are just 2 of them. I'm a big believer in Karma and what goes around comes around so i'm sure that his so called Mother will get all she deserves sooner or later.

ColdAsIce

worrydoll said:
i think its best not to judge anyone unless you know what theyve been through. his mother has known him for 26 years and you have known him as a neighbour a while. i agree that its a sad situation but..

I respect your view however that is your opinion. I don't usually judge as I am not a judgemental person but this situation upset and infuriated me.

I have my own reason why I feel so strongly about this which I'm not going to go into but I strongly feel that there is................

NO EXCUSE WHICH CAN JUSTIFLY WHAT THAT WOMEN HAS DONE.

Hamble

worrydoll said:
..i saw my bro and hes really messed up and i thought..i cant be arsed to entertain this anymore..he chooses to get all messed up...and i feel really guilty about feeling that way...because...with all my problems i should know better than that....and because hes my bro. on the other hand...theres only so much drunken BS that i want to listen to...yeah i knowww hes my bro but..i dont know hes coming into my work all cut up stinking of drink..we all have our problems and we all have our responsibilities...i dont know what to do about it..so thats why i felt..sorry for the mum in your post yesterday. plus im a mother and i know how hard it is when people assume that ...you children..will always come first...lol of course they should but..sometimes we have to..protect ourselves..in order to survive..for the other kids or for the longterm or whatever...kids can be kind of a parasite and sometimes the host has to remove them or theyll both die. okay that sounds really harsh and fuct up right?

True if loved ones are inflicting problems upon themselves such as adictions and then dumping their problems on you, that can be annouying, esp if you have your own stuff to deal with. But when a son with learning disabilites who is dependant on the support of loved ones and society runs into hard times...what kind of a selfish cold mother could turn their back? The type who fed clothed and did all she had to do legally, but now wants her own fun life and to be young and free of responsibility again I guess :roll: He's best off without her in the long run.

ColdAsIce

I kind of understand what your saying Worrydoll, I don't have kids but I have dealt with the issue of alcoholism in my family and alcohol has coursed the worst times in my childhood. I too have had to step back, and think of my own state of mind, but I found out you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

However this lad 'David' can't help himself, he is unable to look after himself, he needs someone with him to help him do the things that you and I and everyone else take for granted, he needs someone to make decisions for him. He doesn't have a drink problem that can be cured, he doesn't have an illness, he is mentally disabled, He is not mentally capable of leading an independant life. Surely this doesn't make you think "Dam that lad needs his Mother!!???".....then maybe you can see my point of view?.

At the end of the day even if she has no intention of having HER SON at her home and she really nolonger wants the responsibility of HER SON, then she could of at least had the courtesy to do what my mum did and get intouch with his social worker so at least someone with a heart can look after him and give him what his "Mother" can't seem to manage. You know after his Social worker had gone my mum looked at me with a tear in her eye (not to sound corny here...lol) and said "he came to my door for help, not his "Mothers".....now what does that tell you??....

Thanks everyone for your comments, just didn't seem right not to acknowledge that I have read your posts....... :)