HEAD SWEAT, SECURE WIPES, PROPLANALOL, AND PROBANTHANINE

Romax

This is just an update for you sweaty heads out there on some of the things that I have tried to stay dry. As some of you may know I am a stand-up comedian which is always a tough test for any remedy.

I special ordered secure wipes 4% from pharmacy.ca I usually wipe my forehead and neck with a wipe about an hour before a performance. Even with this increased dose it does very little for me. Has anyone had success with the wipes? If so how often do you apply it?

Proplanalol is great for the nerves but does very little to stop the sweat.

Probanthanine actually works! The problem is that the cottonmouth is so bad. One time my mouth was so dry my lips were sticking to my teeth like they were glued to them. I thought the crowd noticed. I also notice that my back, which is usually drenched with sweat, feels sunburned but remains dry. After speaking to a crowd for 30 minutes one night I started to lose my voice and it was very noticeable to the audience. I told people that I had a cold. If I had not brought a drink up with me I would have been in trouble.

I would love to hear other peoples success or rituals when it comes to stopping the head sweat. Be well all!

bill-uk

Romax,

Good to hear from you again and I'm pleased you tried the probanthine that has worked for me for 2 years. The side affects I can relate to, but not as bad as you describe. Key thing is to drink plenty of water but for me that is a relatively minor problem.

I've not had great results from the secure wipes, i've tried the 3%. Off to London working tomorrow morning, going through the underground so probanthine is deffo on the cards, 2 pills about half an hour before arrving at Paddington should see me alright.

Regards, Bill

Romax

Hey Bill!
Good to hear from you as well. I've been trying to get the right timing in taking the probanthanine pill before shows. About an hour and a half works good so far. Any sooner than that and the cottonmouth will be too bad. I also use a spray for dry mouth to help called "oasis." I am seriously looking into botox injections for the scalp. It seems like a relatively new approach but worth looking into. Keep in touch my friend!

Chris

bill-uk

Chris,

as an aside to our problem let me tell you something else. About 2 years ago I discovered a lump on my neck/jawline just below my left ear. To cut a long story short it was a lump in the parotid gland, which is the gland that produces saliva. I had an op about 18 months ago to remove the lump which was successful. A complication is that the left side of my face and ear is pretty much numb as they had to cut certain nerves which is unavoidable.

A side effect is when you eat, the nerves endings are flapping around and not producing saliva. Instead, guess what happens, the nerves cause excess sweating on the cheek area instead, a condition called 'Freys syndrome'.

So here am I, a current hyperhidrosis sufferer on the face and I now have the added condition of Freys syndrome which causes sweat on my left cheek every time I eat anything, morning noon and night, even when I am not actually hot! Even a sweet or a biscuit will make the left cheek break out in sweat.

You have to laugh really. However, the point I want to make is that as as a part of my post op care, I am going to get Botox myself paid for on the NHS (national health service) for the Freys syndrome condition. It's sort of funny that the NHS will treat me free of charge for the minor sweating I now get on my cheek because of the operation, but my more significant cranial sweating is largely ignored by the profession. Perhaps they should Botox my whole face at the same time !!!!!

Regards, Bill

Romax

Bill,
Good luck with the botox! Let me know how it goes. I dream of a day where I can stand in front of a group of people without worrying when the sweat will start pouring.

Chris