Have you ALWAYS felt different

den1

Most of you prob dn't know me on here as I only come on when I'm feeling really bad.
I suffer from social anxiety which seems to be very up and down, some days I'm fine and other days I cant handle seeing or speaking to any1 succesfully and this results in a low self esteem an depression.
I feel like I've sused it all out and I can feel shit hot for about 4 weeks but it keeps coming back. Is any1 else like this?
Anyway I went for an assesment with a counciler the other day and I've been referd for cognative theropy which should change my paterns of thinking, and I have been put on a fitnness program at my local gym which should make me feel better about myself.
In the counciling sesion I was asked how long I have felt the way I do, and it dawnd on me that have actually ALWAYS felt this way.
I can remember at primrary school I always thought maybe I had something wrong with me that I was never told about. Because despite my shyness of which I have been told I've had since being a toddler, I was always and still am qeit popular and I could and still can't understand why every1 is always so nice to me?
My mum told me that when I started school at the age of 5 even then I would play on my own and wouldn't let other kids play with me and this is what made them want to play with me even more.
I know alot of people on here have been treated like shit by people and a feel for you, but this shit goes round in circles because it stops me even more from expresing myself because people seem queit happy with the guy who sits in the corner, doesn't say much and laghs at all there jokes no matter how shit they are.
It feels like I have no soul and issolated and that I am different and it is crazy how it is other people who make me feel like that.

Allow the essay just needed to get some shit off my chest and I'de like to hear wether other people have always been like this from a young age.

Thanks for reading :D

Safe

hahahahahaha. "SAFE!" HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

oszapo

Hey you do have a soul just like we all have.Everyone is different and a lot of people have social anxiety which is one day very bad few days after is all better again.Life is goin always in a circle the good thing is that after some bad experinece some good will follow.
Goin to gym will definately help help you you will feel a lot better as it keeps your stress hormones down and you produce happy ones.Exercise is always a good way.
Its hard because when we sorrunded with confident people all around us we think thats what this world is about but is not as we dont slways have the chance to see the other part.Of course we hardly hear from "shy"ones as we keep quiet. :roll: but we here..!!

maggie

den1 said:
Most of you prob dn't know me on here as I only come on when I'm feeling really bad.
I suffer from social anxiety which seems to be very up and down, some days I'm fine and other days I cant handle seeing or speaking to any1 succesfully and this results in a low self esteem an depression.
I feel like I've sused it all out and I can feel shit hot for about 4 weeks but it keeps coming back. Is any1 else like this?
Anyway I went for an assesment with a counciler the other day and I've been referd for cognative theropy which should change my paterns of thinking, and I have been put on a fitnness program at my local gym which should make me feel better about myself.
In the counciling sesion I was asked how long I have felt the way I do, and it dawnd on me that have actually ALWAYS felt this way.
I can remember at primrary school I always thought maybe I had something wrong with me that I was never told about. Because despite my shyness of which I have been told I've had since being a toddler, I was always and still am qeit popular and I could and still can't understand why every1 is always so nice to me?
My mum told me that when I started school at the age of 5 even then I would play on my own and wouldn't let other kids play with me and this is what made them want to play with me even more.
I know alot of people on here have been treated like shit by people and a feel for you, but this shit goes round in circles because it stops me even more from expresing myself because people seem queit happy with the guy who sits in the corner, doesn't say much and laghs at all there jokes no matter how shit they are.
It feels like I have no soul and issolated and that I am different and it is crazy how it is other people who make me feel like that.

Allow the essay just needed to get some shit off my chest and I'de like to hear wether other people have always been like this from a young age.

Thanks for reading :D

Safe
hey den1..yeah, i definitely identify with what you're saying. I clearly remember my first day of kindergarden..feeling abandoned..and not fitting in at all. I hardly spoke at all throughout my school years..unless i really had to. But yeah, i've always felt different...i just didn't know anyone else felt as i did..until i found this site. It was kind of a relief really, just to find out i wasn't alone in how i feeling, and to find others to talk to about it. Hope you do well with the therapy...and the fitness training...sounds like a great combination. I work out daily...it's done wonders, makes me feel empowered 8) Good luck to you!