Has anyone tried hypnotherapy??

Jenjen

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy to cure their sp/sa. I'm thinking about it cos i want a quick cure. Or does anyone have a therapy that worked for them or at least made life a bit more bearable?

Sarina

I have tried many things, including Hypnotherapy. Here is what I have tried and how it worked for me:

The Midwest Center For Anxiety Audio program: http://www.stresscenter.com/storev6/ helped me a great deal. I learned to cope with anxiety/panic disorder in my life which I was completely grateful for. She also writes a book called From Panic to Power which was somewhat helpful.

Went to a Psychologist who helped me talk about the disorder... sent me into a panic attack just talking about it, but helped a bit I guess.

Went to a Hypnotherapist and this helped tremendously, but still a coping mechanism.

Finally I found http://www.naet.com/ while I was researching treatment for my son's food allergies. I read that they could help with anxiety+depression too so I went in for treatments for myself and my 2yo son. I was *extremely* skeptical of the claims they made on their web page for curing everything under the sun. But was amazed at how this has changed my life. I am now 100% free of anxiety & panic attacks as well as my high blood pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse symptoms, and GERD. I love this program because it is 100% non-invasive and non-chemical... just involves a ood practitioner and a back massage. I have absolutely nothing to gain if you try it or not. Just thought I'd share it with you in case it helps anyone else like me. I also don't know if it works this well for everyone, but for me it was a life changing treatment and I am so thankful for getting *me* back. I am on treatment #5 out of the recommended 15.

lsgv

Do you know how much naet practitioner charge for each session? How does one know if the practitioner is good?

IceLad

I had about 10 sessions of hypnotherapy a couple of years ago.

I did feel very calm and relaxed after my second session, but on the whole, it didn't help me much at all.

hansy

i have been 2 7 sessions of hypno, it costs me £60 a week, which i can not afford (so in turn makes me anxious about paying)! and it helped a little bit, but my hypno brought up loads of childhood memories id rava not have remembered so i dont think it helped that much overall. im not going back. shame i had such great expectations...

:(

Fighter86

Also interested in Hypnotherapy...

I am also interested in trying out hynotherapy, mainly because I had heard that it had worked VERY well for people who want to lose weight, quit smoking etc. I mean if something as addictive as smoking can be treated, then maybe SA can be as well. However, I have yet to hear any stories regarding treating SA with hypnotheray. I just wanted to try it out to see if it can help... :wink:

blight

This is an old thread but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any positive (or negative) experiences with hypnotherapy. I have been researching it on the web a bit lately and would be curious if anyone has used this for SA related issues. Thanks.

lostboi

Hey blight I havn't gone to a hypnotherapist but once and it seemed to help a little but I recently downloaded some hypnosis mp3's online and I definately feel a change starting to happen. It's slow but it's there. I'm a lil more self confident and I get down on my self less. course that could also be my meds. but I do think the hypnosis is changing my perception of things. Anyway there's something..don't know if it helps or not..

young

i've actually contemplated being hypnotized. a lot of my anxiety. is caused by my negative thinking. so i thought i could be hypnotized and it might lessen some of it.

but alas i'm afraid i'll be hypnotized into clucking like a chicken everytime a bell dings.

Septor

I have tried hypnotherapy on several different occasion and I could not get hypnotized :cry: .The last Hypnotherapist I went to said some people just can't be hypnotized or its extremy hard for them to be.

young

i don't think i could get hypnotized either. my brain is always too busy. i don't think i'd be able to get into a state of relaxation. i wish i could. i wish i could get my brain to be quite at times. it's alway running thoughts thru it. some nights it keeps me up late. :x