Has anyone else been transformed by OCD?

saa

I've been through so many struggles with my OCD. I'm sure you all have been through similar things. Anyway, because of my suffering, I find that I'm increasingly unable to relate to other people. While other people are sitting down, talking, and pretending everything is alright, I'm wondering how they are able to do that.

I have such a dark sense of humour. To illustrate, in order to cope with suicidal thoughts, I make jokes about suicide. If I get delusional and think that I'm a child molester/rapist, I'll start making jokes about that. Anything to help me cope.

Before, I used to be such an idealistic young kid. I used to be so religious. Nowadays, I hate the notion of God, and I sometimes curse my parents for bringing me into this world. But usually I love them so much.

giveitachance

I understand, and sometimes, I got angry at God for not healing me, but I was going about it the wrong way. One day, I read on the net that OCD is simply a disconnect with God. Back in 2007, I read this and was at the point of going crazy, but afterward, it was like a giant rock was lifted off my chest. I truly felt the Holy Spirit come into me and give me a sense of relief I never felt before. I said to God, I will hand you this problem I cannot control myself, and he took the problem away. Don't get me wrong, since then, there were some times that the OCD came back for a day, or a few weeks, but it was something I could handle because I know the Lord our God was there with me. It might sound a bit like a fairytale, but I can tell you, God has truly healed my mind! I am hear to let you know you are not alone with your intrusive thoughts. Please, ask God to take your problem away...and he will on one condition...that you ask him in all seriousness and faithfulness. This means that you truly believe he has the power to do this. Even if you are not close to God, now would be a wonderful chance to start out fresh with him again. It worked for me and can work for you too. God bless you!

Voltage91

Well I would say that I've learned to become more relaxed and worry less on on things which I can't control and to learn to value the little, but more important things on life.

Voltage91

I've been through so many struggles with my OCD. I'm sure you all have been through similar things. Anyway, because of my suffering, I find that I'm increasingly unable to relate to other people. While other people are sitting down, talking, and pretending everything is alright, I'm wondering how they are able to do that.

I have such a dark sense of humour. To illustrate, in order to cope with suicidal thoughts, I make jokes about suicide. If I get delusional and think that I'm a child molester/rapist, I'll start making jokes about that. Anything to help me cope.

Before, I used to be such an idealistic young kid. I used to be so religious. Nowadays, I hate the notion of God, and I sometimes curse my parents for bringing me into this world. But usually I love them so much.

I kind of used to be like that when I was kid. I'm not religious as well, but I don't hate notion of god because I'm a Deist. I would advise getting psychological help, because it's terrible to live like that. Depressed.. been there before.

Diend

I just got too fed up with my OCD and then stopped. Are the thoughts borderline schizophrenia?

Voltage91

I just got too fed up with my OCD and then stopped. Are the thoughts borderline schizophrenia?

Same here actually I'm getting to that point that I don't care about the OCD anymore. Yeah that's a good question, because the two can seem a bit alike. Although, there can be big differences.