Had Botox for hands a week ago

I just had Botox for the hands done a week ago.

About 50 injections per hand. Lots of pain and bleeding, but that's beside the point.

I was wondering how it worked for those of you who have had it done. I did underarms about a month ago, and can say I've experienced about a 75% reduction in sweating there. Hoping the hands will respond at least as well.

How long did it take for your Botox to work?

How much was your sweating reduced when it did?

Jezza

I just had Botox for the hands done a week ago.

About 50 injections per hand. Lots of pain and bleeding, but that's beside the point.

I was wondering how it worked for those of you who have had it done. I did underarms about a month ago, and can say I've experienced about a 75% reduction in sweating there. Hoping the hands will respond at least as well.

How long did it take for your Botox to work?

How much was your sweating reduced when it did?

I've had botox injections in my hands twice, once in a regular hospital (was the 1st time they ever did it and only 10 injections per hand, though said injections were excruciatingly painful cause the EMLA cream they used to try and numb the hand didn't work at all) and once in a private practise where it was 50+ injections per hand with ice cube's to numb the injection site which surprisingly worked very well to numb the pain.

The effectiveness was a mixed bag; you could definitely tell that where the injections were set (placed? -these are the tough parts of english not being my native language-) there were dry patches/circles from on average I would say a small centimeter in radius, although the ones on the palms were seemingly more effective than the ones on the fingers. Especially the 2nd time with more injections, this meant that part of my handpalm especially the ball of the hand was as dry as you would want it to be. However, I still found that some areas weren't sufficiently dry and the sweating also seemed to move in part to the sides and tops of my fingers. I don't usually sweat from the top of my fingers unless the HH goes full on beserk mode but after the botox injections I could often see tiny little droplets of sweat all over them.

All in all, despite the fact that the sweating was markedly reduced where the botox could 'reach' the glands, even with 50+ injections per hand my hands still had an overall moist sensation to me and probably to people who happened to touch the sweaty spots, so for me it wasn't enough. Maybe you could go and nuke the glands with even more injections but I found that iontophoresis, while tedious, gives me better results.

IIRC it took a little less than a week in my case to see the results from the botox taking effect.