Good self help books?

SilentAndShy

I've never seen myself as one who can overcome or control SA by self help books because I don't have the determination to see it through my own. I feel I need physical support from an individual.

As I wait for CBT training, a friend of mine suggested picking up a self help book.

I came across this one by Gillian Butler called Overcoming SA and Shyness.

I picked up a book but that was more stress related but I liked the way it was broken down.

Thoughts on the above book and or any other recommended books appreciated.

Thanks

:)

IntheLabyrinth

I recommend the Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Bourne. I haven't read the book you mentioned but I imagine it's good too. It has a chapter about how anxieties develop, nutrition, mistaken beliefs, affirmations, meditation and relaxation techniques, CBT, and much more. It has really helped me.

milwify

The feeling good handbook- David D. Burns
The road less traveled - M. Scott Peck

My counselor recommended me those, and they helped me A LOT.
I am still having difficulty in life, but comparing to the past, my life became much easier since I read those books in 6months ago.

I am not seeing the counselor now(because I'm moving to different country), and I also stopped taking med, but I am managing daily life.
Not bragging, just want to say those books are such eye opening.

I've been having social anxiety for 20 years. Wish I could have met those books sooner.

I think most library have them.
Hope everyone who has difficulty in life has chance to read them.