Good Relaxing Music

Orlando

Crash,

Well, it really depends on my mood. If I am angry at everything, I listen to really fast dance music or heavy metal music (Metallica). I usually listen to it in my room by myself. I participate in an activity that I loosely call 'dancing.' It move my hips, leg and arms in a uncoordinated fashion. I looks like a standing epiletic seisure. I am certain that it is a benefit to the human race that I have social phobia and do not frequent clubs or ballrooms, otherwise, I am certain that I would have been the cause of many fatalities.
Otherwise, when I'm doing my homework and I need to calm down. (I usually stress over my work! I'm a perfectionist.) I listen to classical music (Vivaldi- The Four Seasons. This is my favorite. You already probably heard it but just don't know.) I'm especially inclined to listen to instumental guitar. I like that a lot too. However, you realy got to find what you like. Have you tried jazz? Country?

Rhian

Hi Crash

Enigma is the best thing for me to listen to when I want to relax, but like Orlando said....it really just depends on what you get into.

Crimefish

I like to listen to emo. Its a sub-genre of punk. Some people find it depressing, but I find it relaxing and uplifting.
If you have a download program on your pc, try "The Motivation Proclamation" by Good Charlotte. I know, I know, they suck, blah blah.
Just tryna help.

Flax

I find that listening to classical is relaxing. I like classical that is rememberable. Like classical in movie soundtracks and all the famous composers like Beethoven, Mozart, and Chopin. A group that really hits me deep is Dead Can Dance, their cd "Within the Realm of a Dying Sun" is one of the best cds I've ever heard. I get goosebumps on many of the songs because they're so powerful. The female singer in Dead Can Dance is Lisa Gerrard who sang on the Gladiator soundtrack, she has an amazing voice, although what she's singing isn't lyrics. I like the Chopin Nocturnes a lot. There are probably a lot of sites with Chopin on it for free. I listened to the New Age genre on Mp3.com all the time until they shut it down. I was so dissapointed that it went down, I'd say during it's existence I listened to some of the best music of my life. I actually found a radio station that plays a lot of the artists that I listened to on mp3.com, I can't remember the link though.