Going to try to volunteer

whos_that_girl

I've been so horribly miserable lately, that I think i'm having some sort of nervous breakdown. I've managed to avoid most of my social anxiety by avoiding people, places and things. But now it's come back to really haunt me big time. I'm going to be going on new meds soon and my therapist doesn't address the social anxiety so I don't know how i'm going to feel. I'm going to try my best even though I will be an emotional mess, to do a volunteer job once a week to start. I've never been able to keep a job more than 10 months and even that's a miracle for me. I get so shy and anxious around anyone, either I left the situation or the situation left me. I'm supposed to go back to night school to become a medical assistant starting in January, and of course i'm nervous about how i'm going to do there. I guess the main thing is trying and not giving up on myself, maybe there is some hope left for me.

FOR REAL

Banned
charity shops are greart to work in, i volunteered (well actualy the government sent me), but anyway it was a great laugh :)

typewriterx

That's a great idea. Volunteer work can be really fun. Keep your head up! Retirement homes are really nice to volunteer in. You meet some quite interesting people. :]

Saraesa

Hello,

I completed a volunteer year in october and I cannot deny its positive effects on my behavior. I have become more self-confident and cheerful although I will need to accomplish a lot more work to get rid of my phobia. I can only strongly recommend doing a volunteer.