Going on holiday

Luna222

Hi everyone. I'm new, and very glad I found this forum! I've just been reading about the different treatments and before now I didn't realise you could take oral medication for the condition.

I am going to Singapore next year, and wondered whether a doctor would give me some medication to take for the 2 weeks I'm away, and whether or not, from your experiences, it would be effective? Usually my HH is kept under control with a strong deoderant, but in the summer when it gets hotter my face/scalp/back get extra sweaty. When I went to Florida a few years back this really had a negative impact on my holiday. I've never sweat so much in my life, it was just pouring out of me, but other tourists hardly broke a sweat at all! Singapore has about the same heat and humidity as Florida, if not worse, and I don't want another holiday to be ruined by this.

So basically has anyone else been on drugs for a short period of time, and have they been effective in high temperatures?

albarosa2008

i've been taking avert (glycopyrrolate) 1.5 mg/day since the summer. it was like 35 degrees celcius and it was my first sweat free summer...no side effects (i think i produce a lot of tears and saliva naturally) so i'm happy.

Luna222

Thanks, that sounds great! If I can't get them on the NHS I'll try buying them online. I'm also looking in to face gels for extra protection.

The funny thing was that when I went to Florida, every bit of me was sweating except my true problem area - my armpits. So I hope if topical treatment could work in such heat then a combination of medication and gels could work for my face and scalp.

My HH has really put me off going to hot places so hopefully if this works out I won't have to worry about it any more.