Glycopyrrolate makes me hoarse

CelineX

I've tried taking Robinul and it works wonderfully except for a few side effects. I can deal with all of them except that it makes my body so dry that my vocal cords have no lubrication and I sound hoarse. I basically sound like I'm sick and I lost my voice. No amount of water or talking will make it better. It's kind of ironic because I took the Robinul so that I can shake people's hands and be social, and now I can shake everyone's hands but I can't talk to them. I was wondering if this happens to anyone else and how they deal with it.

margiehope

Hi Celine!

I really haven't had the problem you do with hoarseness. Dry mouth sometimes, but that's it.

Can you reduce the dosage and still help the HH? Have you had your throat checked to make sure it's not something else? You probably have.

Good luck!

sadday

Sometimes my throat dries out and gets sore but not everytime. I agree with Margiehope, try decreasing your dosage.

JP81

The only signicant side effect I have is dry, bloodshot eyes. Gets pretty bad towards the end of the day.

CelineX

I only take 2mg. I've tried 1mg but I still sweat the same as when I don't take it. Maybe I just have really sensitive vocal cords. It's strange how it affects people so differently, my eyes are never dry no matter how much I take.

margiehope

Well, no, your dose isn't too high. Have you tried the wipes? Can't remember your version of HH, but if the wipes worked, they might not affect your throat.