Gluten and Hyperhidrosis

oolceeoo

I was reading that some people who have hyperhidrosis also have something called Celiac Disease, which is when the body is unable to process gluten containing foods such as wheat, barley, rye, and oats. They claimed that after they switched to a gluten free diet, their excessive sweating went away.

I know it's really aggrivating that it could be anything we eat that makes us sweat too much, but maybe it's caused by gluten.

xylo

Banned
I don't know whether that's true or not, but you could always try out a gluten free diet just as an experiment. There are whole "free from" ranges at most supermarkets nowadays [in UK at least] that are free from gluten and other things. I tried it out for a month earlier this year, it was really easy, although I didn't notice much of a change other than a slightly reduced level of flatulance! ::eek:: [I don't have hyperhidrosis btw]

oolceeoo

I don't know whether that's true or not, but you could always try out a gluten free diet just as an experiment. There are whole "free from" ranges at most supermarkets nowadays [in UK at least] that are free from gluten and other things. I tried it out for a month earlier this year, it was really easy, although I didn't notice much of a change other than a slightly reduced level of flatulance! ::eek:: [I don't have hyperhidrosis btw]

I'm just learning about this now. I live in the U.S. and I never knew that gluten was in so much of our food. I'm going to see a doctor and see if I have celiac or some sort of food intolerance because I'm so tired of HH ruling me.